free hit
counters
Glyn Heron accident - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lisalotus

Glyn Heron accident

Hi all

Just to let you all know that Glyn had an accident yesterday and pretty much wrote his car off. The good news is he,s ok, he,s pretty pissed off as you can imagine, having spent a year putting it on the road, he had just mot,d it and this went and happened. He,s pretty sure insurers will write it off. Any way personally I,m just glad he,s ok, the car can be replaced, mended etc.

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Shit - His car was looking perfect at Donny last year :thumbup:

Glad he's ok, as you said, cars can be replaced but people can't.

All the best Glyn.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Really sorry to hear Lisa.

Hope it all gets sorted for you.

Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Very sad to read that. Main thing though is that's Glyn's ok

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Glyn

Very shocked to hear the news and hoping you're OK. Remember seeing your stunning car last Oxford for the first time. Thanks Lisa for letting us know.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Bad news, just pleased the fleshies involved are okay!!!

Just had a long chat with Glynn. Suffice to say, he is well and no physical repurcussions from yesterday. Talked about the car and the ready reckoner says

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Shit Glyn,

Sorry to hear of your mishap - but glad that you are okay.

Chin up chap !

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Ok. So heres the rub.........................Glyns V8

DSC01639.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I may be speaking a bit early but that looks largely cosmetic to me. Front tub is obviously shagged and the rear quarter but most of the structural sections look like they've been missed plus no wheel damage is generally a good sign that the chassis has not had to much of a kicking.

Hope it all turns out alright, I'd suggest you fight to keep this one on the road as its such a late one!!

I feel really gutted for Glyn. I was only talking to him at the show. He said that he hadn't used the car since last summer.

I know it's only a car but it still hurts you when this happens. Not to mention the added sentimental value it would have had to Glyn as he spent so long repairing it in the first place!

Not sure if it will see the road again...

Hope things get better glyn!

Dave

i saw this on piston heads yesterday in the esprit section, someone had passed glyn and posted an are you ok post.

take it easy glyn, the car can be fixed, im just glad you got out and are ok.

simon

:thumbup: OH Glyn, really sorry mate, glad you are OK.

:D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

:thumbup: Sad to see the car, but like everyone said, it's just a car.

Glad you are okay; that's what's important.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I reckon you're looking at circa 15k there, plus labour. A mate did the front of his V8 and that was knocking on 12k plus the dreaded.

Glad to hear he's ok, i also saw the thread on PH yesterday and wondered who's it was. I would recommend the factory bodyshop, with one as late as that, it will reduce the cost slightly as Lotus and the insurance company will deal direct and get it back on the road. They were very helpful when my mates was in there, he sung their praises all the way through the process.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.

The car has just arrived at the factory, I'm speaking to Glenn this afternoon to see what we can do :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi All, and thanks for your thoughts.

Obviously I'm gutted, but glad that I'm OK!!

Don't know what to say really about the accident. Following a line of traffic along a dual carrageway when a stream of water came into view. As I went through it the cr slowed slightly and the rear end came sideways. No warning, nothing I could do, apart from pray!

I feel like I've been robbed after spending so much time working on her, and doing less than 3000 miles last year.

Didn't feel the impact, even though it took out 2 uprights from the central reservation. Thankyou Lotus engineers!!

Anyway lets see what the assessment brings.

Thanks Lisa for putting the post up for me and to Lisa, Paul F and Bibs for their phone calls of support.

I'll keep you posted as more information comes available.

Cheers for now

Glyn

shit - sorry to hear about this Glyn. You are OK and the car is in the best hands possible, so hopefully all will come out OK.

Bloomin Nora !

Was this Mark's old car, the one that had been restored ?

Echo the rest of it though - good job the car was upto the impact and you're OK Glyn.

Geez, another one succumbs to the rain ?

Seems like fires with carbs and loss of traction with V8's

Really sad to see - best of luck getting it sorted, at least it's in the best hands but totally gutted for you mate :crybaby:

facebook = [email protected]

Glad you are OK Glyn, gutted for you about the car all the hard work you put in...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Gutted, absolutely gutted for you Glynn.

Glad you are fit though.

Regards,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg