free hit
counters
Fuel tank foam - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
simonf

Fuel tank foam

Hi guys, just taken my tanks out for a clean and paint up and think i got to them in the nick of time!

Don't want to put the 'Bubble and Squeek' style foam back in as it absorbs the water holding it against the tank - causing it to rust!

Anybody know where i can get some water proof foam from or any other satisfactory replacement.

Thanks

Simon

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

lotuswork225.jpg

A few years ago after re-welding my pinholes I refitted the tanks on this. Just your hardware store door mat cut to suit. Those spikes support the weight well with less pressure over a larger area than a pair of shoes with the average body attached.

I checked how it was when the engine was out last year and was pleased to see no rust or even any removal of paint from the tanks. Being so open there's good ventilation and drying if it does get wet.

DanR

Astro Turf!

Thats quite handy because the sports centre at the end of my road is shutting down so i might go and nick some!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Whilst trawling my local Homebase a came accross a couple of solutions, the first was polystyrene ceiling tiles - water proof, vibration exhorbing but would probable breakdown over a period of time!

Or a doormat - yep the humble doormat - nylon bristles about 3/4inch long with a closed cell rubber backing - perfect!! Probably a little bit expensive as a solution, but a wanted to get my tanks back in again yesterday! Which i did!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!