free hit
counters
1984 - 1985 model year Guigiaro Esprit Turbo Windows & Heater Motor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Esprit85

1984 - 1985 model year Guigiaro Esprit Turbo Windows & Heater Motor

Hi everyone - I'm new on the forum. Hope someone can help. I was sitting in the car which was at idle and up to full heat. Both windows were half way down. I turned on the heater motor and there was a quiet "phut" as if it was going to run and then it didn't! I decided to close both windows and they shut absolutely fine. I then checked all the electrics and all were fine except for the heater motor AND the electric windows! All the fuses were fine - I checked them with a continuity meter. I suspect it might be a relay that shares the windows and the heater motor but before tearing any out and swopping them around I wanted to see if any of you out there have been down this road before. Hope someone can help! All the best, Peter B.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

According to my wiring diagrams the window lift goes straight to a fuse in the glove box, but that's the other side of the same fuse as supplies the fan relay.

Ignition switch to fuse and to window switch on same wire (or attached wires), to fuse, then to interior fan relay.

Any use?

Andy

post-1468-1208368844.jpg

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the scan of the wiring diagram. I have the wiring diagram and have now had it enlarged for easier reading. I'm now going through all the fuses to track down which fuse handles which circuit/s. In my glovebox are two fuse boxes with all the original fuses intact! As you know, none of the fuses are labelled as to which ones serve which circuits. Once I've had time to do more detective work I'll post the designations on this website to help others.

Thanks again,

Peter.

Edited by USAndretti42 - Mod
Removed quote