free hit
counters
GLASS "SUNROOF" SUPPLIER ? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nanardos

GLASS "SUNROOF" SUPPLIER ?

Hi,

My car is fitted with a "composite" removable roof,

does anyone know where I could find an original Lotus Esprit glass "sunroof" instead ?

Regards

Nanardos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The only place was Lotus as the manufacturer longed stopped making them I think they are even obselete from Lotus now. Only option is used Iam afraid...

Dave Walters

They were in the sale last year, so there may be a few people willing to sell one.

I purchased one as a spare, I'm due to replace all the fittings on mine and was concerned it wouldn't take much to cause it to shatter.

Andy

I would prefer a 'Composite' roof instead of the Glass one?!........How come your car has one? Did not think they were officially available on G cars? Swap?!!!!

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the swapping offer but I want both roofs.

Nanardos

I would prefer a 'Composite' roof instead of the Glass one?!........How come your car has one? Did not think they were officially available on G cars? Swap?!!!!

I'm sure I read somewhere that it is possible to obtain one made from carbon fibre. Might be worth a Google.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/

I used to supply the Cf roofs moulded from a glass roof. I gave my mould to PNM Engineering. This was moulded from a Stevens galss roof. The G car is slightly flatter ad the front corners. I reckon it's a 98% match but corners will dip in a bit. These cost about