free hit
counters
Silicon Hose kit - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
waynef

Silicon Hose kit

I know this has been mentioned before in here but as my car is now a year older it has made me think about replacing All my rubber hoses in the engine bay.

Roger SE did mention a year or so ago about getting a number of people together to have such a replacement kit produced. Did this progress and if so does anyone know where I can purchase from. Bare in mind most S4's are 13 years + i'd have thought lots of you in here would be doing the same.

Personally I do not want to fit the rubber original hoses as i'm sure if the cars were produced today Lotus would have fitted silicon as standard.

So any pointers would be appreciated.

Waynef

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi

I would be interested in a set of replacement silicon hoses if you are looking to make up a bulk order but they are not cheap, but they do an option on red which i think would look good with the red on the engine.

Looked into this as well - cost was astronomical - unless.... you can find someone who does the budget (ie as good as the samco stuff just 75% cheaper) and or can sort a group buy with discount.

Personally I'm not fussed, I know when I lift the engine cover you wont fine much to rub your thighs over (thats why there is an engine cover.....right ?) but at the right price it would be cool.

As I say, group buy / interest and you should get a fair few quid off.

facebook = [email protected]

I would up for buying a complete set of engine bay hoses too. A GT3 set of course. So if you need numbers to makew it worthwhile. Count me in.

Alex

Hi,

I know that Troy is onto this, when I last spoke to him he had pretty much sorted out what was needed for the S cars and was moving onto the various other models. It is surprising just how much of the system can be replaced with standard parts. On mine it comes down to just one custom hose (for the engine end) into the water pump. Given the promise of selling 20+ kits with 20 standard bits in each a hose company should be persuaded into swallowing the cost of the odd custom hose...

Anyway let him know you're interested.

Ambrose

Why not try Jeff at JAE? He might do a group buy price for you guys. I recently bought his silicone engine bay set for around $285 US.

1995 S4s

I did the JAE engine bay hose kit right when I got my SE in Sept.

Edited by Quikr

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

Engine set above is $306, rad set $107 all plus postage. Not bad at current exchange rate, I just wish I knew someone going to the US for hols to avoid the deadly VAT and customs "handling" ripoff!

Edited by britten_mark

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I didn't think the radiator set was ready yet... last I had heard it was still in prototype. I purchased both sets. Its great quality. Still waiting 2 months for the rad set.... :)

That would be best answered by Jeff or Jay at JAE, But I think they only do black. call 'em 1.805.967.5767

JAE said there were a few red engine sets left.

Yes, just received an email from Jeff and they have red and black in stock....

1995 S4s

I am attempting to replace the water pump "J" hose with a new silicon one and am having a heck of a time fitting it.. any tips on how to install this item? Thanks

soak it in very hot water for a bit to 'loosen' it up. I then applied a thin film if oil around the lip.

then from underneath I was able to get it pushed on - with a bunch of yelling.

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

Bevo,

On all of the silicone sets I've gotten from JAE that water pump hose was just a tad long and needed to be trimmed at the water pump end about 1/4- 1/2".

Also, that hose is very close to the exhaust cam sprocket even when everything is perfect with only about 1/4" - 3/8" gap between. If the hose is not in just the right place the sprocket will rub a hole in it.

1995 S4s

This has come just at the wrong time for me!

I saw it but had done my hoses from bits and pieces a few weeks ago.

Just for info though. The OEM Lotus squigly waterpump hose I think is made from silicone by the looks of it, with an added fabric textured finish on the outside to make it look 'period'.

Chunky Lover

Hi all,

I bought the blue silicone hoses for my S4s, they were shipped from Japan from "Cool Max".

Have only used the front rad hoses out of the set and they fit fine, and nice shiney too.

They are good value I think, I'd say ifyou had to replace the original hoses with Lotus ones you would be looking at more than waht the silicone type ones cost.