free hit
counters
Anyone else got a dash light dimmer on their s1? - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matt-watts

Anyone else got a dash light dimmer on their s1?

While repairing my wiring loom with the circuit diagram, I found that the diagram doesn't mention my dash light dimmer, and the few photos I have of other S1 dashes have on/off switches instead.

Any other S1 owners have a dimmer instead of a switch ?

dimmera.jpg

dimmer.jpg

Cheers

Matt

Edited by Matt-watts

1976 Esprit S1 123G, 1976 Esprit S1 166G, 1976 Esprit S1 170G, 1976 Esprit S1 228G, 1977 Esprit S1 564H, 1978 Esprit S1 326G, 1978 Esprit S1 329G, 1978 Esprit S1 336G, 1981 Esprit S2.2 0991, 1997 Elise S1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I might be wrong but I think they have two controls. One is a two stage switch for the LEDs that back light the switches. The other is the dimmer for the speedo dial etc. Like I said been a while since I looked at this so I could be wrong.................

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

One is a two stage switch for the LEDs that back light the switches.

There is no back light to the switches on the S1's as far as I can tell. The old fashioned switches used aren't compatible.

Certainly of the few S1's I've seen, in addition to mine, all have the on/off and two stage dimmer as part of the "panel" switch. Completly pointless as the dim setting is pretty useless!

Regards

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

Federal S1s have the arrangement in your first photo. The knob controls the gauge lights and the switchgear lights together as one. Whenever you turn on the headlamps or parking lamps, the cluster lamps come on, and you can adjust their brightness from "good" down to "off".

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE