free hit
counters
Other cars features - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Antiques

Other cars features

Guest Antiques

I was wondering are there any other cars features ,that youv seen you think would have improved the Esprit?The Fiat x19 i had had the spare wheel behind the drivers seat behind a panel,freeing up luggage space in the front.This would have been a great help if it would have been posible to incorporate it into the Esprits design.One other small idea is the area on the inner roof where the panasonic radio was on the essex Esprits,maybe a few snap closed type envelope things to hold drivers licence and documnets ect .It wouldnt compromise headroom .ANY IDEAS ?James/antiques.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If Practical is high on your list, I doubt Lotus would be on it at all. But fire extinguisher should be standard equipment!

Roger :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

brakes?

on the earlier cars.........

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Think there's been a thread like this before, but a removable panel under the underside of the drivers side dashboard, so I can actually get under there to see what I'm doing instead of working blind! I'm not a midget!

Owen

Think there's been a thread like this before, but a removable panel under the underside of the drivers side dashboard, so I can actually get under there to see what I'm doing instead of working blind! I'm not a midget!

Owen

It *does* have a removable panel -- it has cushions and bolsters and is upholstered in leather, sits on adjustable fore-aft rails . . . :):)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Reversing camera and remote tyre pressure sensors should be standard kit. Oh and a big red start button and maybe a transparent engine cover - cool

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Go buy an Aston Simon...... :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Guest Antiques

Some interesting ,and some funny poin ts.In the light of the new Esprit coming soon ,its a perfect time for lotus to listen to the people who buy them new or second hand.The camera seems a good idea for any low slung sports car.Might add price ,but could save a lot of scrapes.Im sure they listen to an exstent ,but i wonder has anything been incorporated into a lotus design suggested by the buyers?James/ANTIQUES

Damn fine idea that, Tony :)

Could also be used to prevent the ladies' handbags constantly falling over and/or sliding around the footwell. Infinitely preferable to Mrs TT's entirely logical but hopelessly impractical suggestion that involves having to slow down...

Alllllrightythen...

How about an access panel so that the power antena can be gotten to easily?

A cool air intake for the electrical box?

And at least one 7.62mm gun should be standard...

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

All these little 'quirks' are what makes the cars so special.

Although a decent catch on the glovebox to stop in opening over every bump would be nice. :)

........... & bull bars, & a place to keep the hay for the sheep? :)

and raise it a foot!

come to think of it - that hasnt been doen has it? like a monster truck esprit........

hilly?

Guest Antiques

Curry hook i agree should be a priority,come on lotus up your game :) James/Antiques