free hit
counters
Fuel Prices - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

130.9 for me today :lol: and that was after bypassing one at 132.9.

57.9p for me today :P , but thats only because I am using the A8 which runs on LPG rather than the S4s. Its a funny world I am using a 4.2L V8 rather than a 2.2L 4 cylinder as its cheaper to run. I suspect I am producing more CO2 though.

ALan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad fact is though that 57.9 was 38.9 only a year ago. 2 years ago the cost of Propane was $330 per tonne now its almost $900 per tonne

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently listening to a 'phone in online, discussing of course petrol prices. It has just been suggested that fuel may reach

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

I'm skint at present after paying for a Holiday, so I just can't afford any petrol to drive my Lotus. First weekend in 4 months where she hasn't moved a muscle.

For the first time ever my reclaim of 14p per mile didn't cover my business fuel mileage. But the Inland revenue aren't updating business recliam rates!! And that was getting 49mpg!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 2 months later...

Oil prices are at a 5 month low, how much did you pay for fuel today?

It's funny how it goes up so quickly but takes ages to travel south...!!!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Fuel has stabilised here, but still higher than what it should realistically be.

Equates to around 60 Pence / Litre

Lotusaugpetrol.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

60 pence?????????????????????? :P I filled up at

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

:P Sorry :P

Shell are also phasing out their 'V Power' here in Oz. Sales have dropped right off over the last 6 months.

What amazed me is that Gazole (Diesel) in France is actually cheaper than petrol by about 6 cents a litre. Me thinks the thieving basteds are the ones telling you it's all the oil companies fault whilst raising taxes on Diesel. With the price of fuel rising people have been buying more and more diesel cars in the UK as most have up to 10 miles per gallon better consumprtion. The Govt have cashed in on this trend not only in the price of fuel but by, 2 years ago, reinstating the 3% tax penalty on Diesel Company cars.

"We're green" they love to shout and then put a 3% additional tax on lower co2 cars......hrumph :P

Just saw an ad on TV tonight which was quite interesting.

Buy a new Holden (Vauxhall) car and they'll cap the petrol price for the first 20,000 kms at 0.99cents / litre, which is around 40 pence per litre.

Interesting way of selling...

I paid 118.9p for diesel yesterday and 107.9 for ordinary unleaded today.

Well, oil today dropped below $100 a barrel (Brent crude dropped to $98.67). Will obviously be driving up to Hethel this weekend and am looking forward to petrol prices dropping significant by the weekend. Here's hoping :D.

• 5 weeks later...

Opec have decided to have a meeting end of October to discuss the declining barrel price and maybe reduce production to prop it up. Oil has dropped back to levels which were last seen in Oct 2007 but surprise, surprise the press do not seem to be highlighting this and the forecourts have failed to adjust. Even the hauliers seem to have given up hope!

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Yep. A barrel of crude is $2 lower than it was in Oct 07 and yet the forecourt prices are up to

Just watched BBC news, Gordon Brown for the first time has mentioned the substantial drop in the oil price and how it's not been passed on to the customer. He said he will contact oil companies and OPEC who are ready to prop up the high barrel price. He has seen the light atlast!

The press has a part to play also. I clearly remember the headlines that oil will reach $100/b and then hours later my local petrol station upping the price. Didn't know you could make petrol that quick let alone deliver it!

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Dont rejoyce just yet. As some know I am in the LPG biz (oil based) We are not passing on the drop in prices because our analysts say that OPEC say that they cannot make money at less then $100 per barrel so will cut production before xmas to raise prices.

My thoughts are that the price has dropped due to speculators not being able to get finance to forward buy, which was what was forcing the price up, so it would seem the credit crunch has had one good effect, however when money is available again the whole cycle could start again. I rekon Petrol will level out at just over

They've made money on it at that price in the past, what a load of tosh!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.