free hit
counters
Jacking points - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_John111

Jacking points

To get better access to the front of the engine I'd like to support it on axle stands so that I can crawl under and come up from underneath.

The handbook gives a vague description of the jacking points and implies that the jack will fit into a 'slot'. My jack is probably not a lotus original (dreaded previous owner strikes again?) and its not obvious where any strengthening on the sills would be (I don't fancy jacking under fibreglass with the resultant craaaacccckkk!)

So my question is.... where, if anywhere, is it safe to jack (would prefer to use a trolley jack) under the chassis?

Then having jacked it up, where can I safely locate axle stands?

As always advice gratefully received

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There are two jacking points on the underside of each sill, front and rear. These are denoted by a small location plate which has usually fallen off. Personally i wouldn't use them anyway, go for a trolley jack and a suitable piece of chassis to jack on. I then like to use two axle stands with a piece of 4x2 across the top to give a good even load distrubution. I don,t need to say make sure its stable , if it falls off and your under it. there aint a lot of clearence.