free hit
counters
Parking Brake question ! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
esp88

Parking Brake question !

Hi Folks

Last few days working on swap the leaking rear damper, clean engine room, check braks for the MOT. :)

And just passed danish MOT yesterday with lille remarks as the parking brake issue !

Any one has any specification how effency Esprit's paring brake should be ?

I changed the rear calipers (Brembo with EBC disks) last year, but I think it's not big deal

Any comment ?

Y.Hotta

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yasou... it's fairly easy to adjust... you just have to pull the floor panel back on the drivers side and look behind it.. there's 4 adjustment nuts close to where the seat belt is bolted to the body. Just back off all four nuts and adjust accordingly (tighten the cable)... takes about 1/2 hour.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply !

Well, I don't think the adjustment is the problem, even I pulled very hard still not enough to

stop the car as normal car and the guy at the MOT said something like total weight e.g 1300kg

and they expecting aound 20-30 % of effency ....

Y.Hotta

Edited by esp88