free hit
counters
Cleaning light pods - thanks LEW! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lemoncurd

Cleaning light pods - thanks LEW!

It was such a nice day today I decided to take the Esprit out for a spin (even with the rocketing petrol prices!). On the trip I noticed under heavy braking, or turning, there would be a splash of water coming from the light pods onto the windscreen.

Once I got home, I decided to take a look and it seems the light pods were clogged and had water standing in the bottom. Thanks to the great article on LEW I was able to disconnect the lights and get into the pods to unblock the drain hole and give them a good spring clean.

Easy job, so if you are noticing something similar, give it a go. Trust me, if I can manage it, you can too! :)

-Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hehehe, had a similar problem with mine, the whole pod was full up !!

2353671147_d84c3c90a3.jpg

Turns uot one of my long term missing screw drivers was in there, the slow leak onto the radiator caused me to think there might be a water leak and I nearly had the whole lot back out !!

All fun and games :)

facebook = [email protected]

Ive just noticed on my GT3 a nd commented to a freind it was Lotus's attemtp at a head light washeing system, because under breaking the water would slosh round to the front and clean the lights

Paul B)