free hit
counters
Hello From New Zealand - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello From New Zealand

Greg D

Hello All

Just joined the forum and in the process of joining LEW. I purchased (last week!) a 1989 Lotus Esprit Turbo. It's in great condition and travelled 39,000 miles. Just going through it and tidying up a few small things. What a great place for information, doing a lot of reading!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome Greg, enjoy the car

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Welcome Greg. As you can see you will be asked for piccies so better get started!

If we can help you with any information on how to use the site please just ask a Moderator. For anything else start a topic and I guarantee some help.

Kylie's getting all excited as she see's her first NZ Hoon on the horizon! B)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome to LEF and congrats on joining the exclusive 'I've got an Esprit' club :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome Greg :thumbup:

Mark (an ex Esprit owner and looking for another one some day) here...

Looks like our numbers are growing! Always a good thing. Congrats on your new purchase, and hope it brings you nothing but joy. Must post some details & pics and stuff (Red one in Manukau by chance?) Resistance is futile, so you might as well do it :)

Kylie, the resident speed queen round here, is pretty cool, so will jump at the chance for a meet (depends where you are I suppose).

Anyway, if you get stuck on anything, just ask! Friendly folks on here.

Cheers - Mark

Thanks everyone, This going to be fun :thumbup: . I am heading to England in June for 5-6 weeks so am starting to make a shopping list. The Lotus is a long long awaited dream. I was originally looking at importing one from the UK. This is a fantastic place for information, I have a lot to learn.

Have uploaded a couple of photos, I hope, first time doing this, just after parking it on the drivway, not the best photos. You sure can expect some questions from me in the very near future...........

Looking Good Greg :thumbup:

Nice example you've got there. What's the colour? - Bit difficult to make out on the photos. Mate of mine in South Africa has the same model in pearl white and absolutely mint as well.

I'm sure you'll have a few suggestions on where to get bits from when you're in the UK. I used Steve at SJ Sportscars for my bits and he shipped the right stuff to me when I was in SA every time. Elan factory across the ditch might be an option as well, and depending on where you are, Kylie has some recommendations for workshops and parts.

Cheers - Mark

Greg cheers for swapping mail, yip got all the main contacts to get stuff. Mark I think his car is a silver one I recognise the side badges being in a different location. If it is the same Esprit I am thinking of it is a very nice Esprit enjoy :thumbup:

Both of you guys coming to the run on Sunday? Esprit or no Esprit your welcome to come along for a hoon.

Edited by kyliesmith.com
350.gifNo.23

Welcome to LEF Greg, nice mota!

We have the annual Oxford meeting in late June if you're about, a chance to hook up with perhaps 50 or so Esprits and have a lovely time :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yes, Just as Kylie said it is silver. I am sure you will know the car Kylie it has been in auckland most of it's life. I called the owner who had it between 2000 and 2005 to check it out and ask a few questions. He gave it a good report and it has a good history. Really going to try and use it as much as I can as a daily car, although with all this rain we are having :thumbup: Can't make this Sunday's run but I will get along just as soon as I can!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greg. Nice car. This is the same year car that I am looking at. How do you find yours? The chance to drive any where I am are few and far between. I have lived where I am for 19 years and have only ever seen one hi-wing on the road other than the turbo I test drove in 1992.

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Hi Michael

I got the car from the Auckland Lotus dealer. I was looking at importing one from the UK when I go over next month. I called the dealer to make sure the Esprit's comply with the new New Zealand import regulations. He called me back a litle while later to tell me about this one. I was really after an SE but the car has a very good history and I did some back ground checks with the prevoius owner so in the end took the plunge! Happy hunting, let me know how you get on.

Amazing that. An SE was what I wanted, but the '89 I am looking at is the same. Spotless service history and in excellent nick. There's some pics in my newbie thread.

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Thats a good looking car Michael, looks in really good shape from the photos. Let me know how you go. I take it it is fuel injected? Mine has the twin carburettors.

Greg,

Yep. Fuel injected with GM ECU etc.

Michael