free hit
counters
Fire damaged GT3 and (poss) X180 shell - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Fire damaged GT3 and (poss) X180 shell

While looking at an Esprit late last week the conversation moved on to a friend of the guy who had a fire damaged GT3. He's had the car a couple of years and planned on using the shell he bought to reshell the GT3 but he thinks it's an X180 shell, pre Eagle chassis so the project faltered and he lost interest.

I've just spoken to him he's looking for offers for everything, as is. If you're interested or have any question, please contact Paul on 01322 384295.

I've no connection to the guy or the car and make nothing from it, I just thought that someone might be able to use it.

Some pics :)

IMG_8006.jpg

IMG_8007.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_8011.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8014.jpg

IMG_8015.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

IMG_8017.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That shell looks like an S4 / GT3 shell. It's got a curved indent at the base of the A pillar (not on the X180). And it's got the deeper rear wing.

It's also got the newer vents on the back of the boot lid, bonnet has the curved scoop at the top, it's had a wing on it at some stage and drill holes for wheel arch extensions.

I did ask him about this, it also has a later transom but I think that the shell has been worked on since new. The tailgate is brand new (well as new as something left outside for a couple of years can be) and isn't attached and the holes are for the Sport300/S4s/early V8 wing.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Shame to see, but he'd be WAY better off selling the car in kit form, as parts.

I think you'd probably re-coup most of the cost that way.

Is it his intention to sell all in 1 go ?

I've got a shopping list I wouldn't mind getting hold of some parts for the GT2 and the GT3 as spares

facebook = [email protected]

He wants to sell it as one whole lot but might part it if unsuccessful. I'm tempted to buy it myself to part it out, I'm sure there would be more to be made that way.

Evora NA

IMO definatly - in this state, the car is worth less than the sum of the parts.

If you grab it let me know, there's a fair few parts on there I'd like to get ma filfy hands on (and they are filfy, just got in from the garage !)

facebook = [email protected]

Who wrote those rules and since when was this a democracy! :) :)

Evora NA

who moderates the moderators?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Me.

Evora NA

But Bibs you answer to a higher power.

Lets think this through.

We're not citizens of LEF and don't vote about who should rule, so it's not some sort of democracy.

We're not prevented from leaving, or commenting so it's probably not some sort of dictatorship.

It's a bit too global to be a principality.

I've not known anybody burned for heresy, so it's not a religion.

It's probably a monarchy.

I don't see Bibs as a king, and a king isn't essential in a monarchy. You can generally have a king & queen, or queen and prince.

So Hail Queen Laura.

Monty%20Python%20Holy%20Grail%20-%20Clip%20clop%20(300w).jpg

:lol:

Evora NA