free hit
counters
2Elevens @ Brands Hatch - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

2Elevens @ Brands Hatch

As a few of you know I've recently started an LEF-esque forum for Lotus 2Eleven owners. A few were heading down to the LoT track evening at Brands so I popped along and had a great time!

Jo, with the gorgeous Team Lotus 2Eleven very kindly took me for a few laps and the car is awesome, it's amazing on track!

Here are a few pics :thumbup:

http://www.2elevenforum.com/bibs/LoT/

Some of my favourites :)

IMG_8283.jpg

IMG_8312.jpg

IMG_8326.jpg

IMG_8348.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

IMG_8454.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've just been scanning through the CL mag that arrived today, thinking how great the 2 Eleven is, these photos show it at is best- ON THE TRACK BEING DRIVEN HARD.

One the related subject, the forum, I joined the Excel one ages ago and recently signed up to a Landy one (which i have need of), this is still the best of the 3, for user functionality, layout etc. Great work.

Andy

Thats at the very minimum your second passenger ride from memory - some of us haven't had the one yet! - just jellous really :thumbup:

Not even noticed the rear view mirror before. Cool pics

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It's taken a lot of work and refinement to get to where we are here so thanks for the compliment, most appreciated Andy :)

The car is beautifully planted and handling incredibly confidence inspiring. I'm no engineer but I think it would be a struggle to improve it, it's a superb machine and the supercharger makes the most amazing noise all the way up to 10k! :thumbup:

Yup, 2nd go in one. I was the first ever non-Lotus employee to ride in the car too back in 2006 :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Do we have to go over this again? Don't make me smite you... :thumbup:

Evora NA

I also got to ride in the 2-Eleven at the 27th annual Lotus Owner's Gathering last Aug in Aspen Colorado! B)

Nick Adams was driving, and I got to go 2nd out of something like 40+ people. Nick did 125 laps I think at least.

Here's me.

IMG_0230.sized.jpg

IMG_0231.sized.jpg

I have some youtube here too

http://www.youtube.com/user/VulcanGrey

oh yeah, we also had Emerson Fittipaldi :thumbup:

and his Lotus 72 (thanks Clive!)

IMG_0281.sized.jpg

IMG_0290.sized.jpg

Which was pretty awesome!

The 2-Eleven though was very fast, and very well controlled. I also got to compare it to a Caterham SV, and the Exige S at the same time (all as a passenger). The Exige S had the standard suspension and had alot of body roll and felt very soft compared to the 2-Eleven. The Caterham felt pretty good, but the 2-Eleven felt like it was on a totally better plane of existance. It was very fast!

The traction control knob was pretty cool too.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Whats the 2 eleven like in comparisson with the 340R, been in one of those and thought it was pretty impressive!!!

Nice pics Bibs, im yet to have a go in one of these. I bet they go fantastic!! We only have a few of these in NZ so far. One here on display pics I took around Dec. I thought you would like the trailer too, its custom made here in NZ. Certainly looks the part anyway :thumbup:

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03108.jpg

350.gifNo.23