free hit
counters
My Esprit is finally back on the road - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisH

My Esprit is finally back on the road

My Esprit is finally back on the road, after many niggles like front piston siezing in the front brake caliper then the rear one came out in sympathy, both off side. I had to get it finished before relatives came across from Australia, Jake who is 9 could talk of nothing else because he had never seen one. I sent the front caliper off to be re-conditioned which took 3 weeks, the rear one I got from SJ which took 3 days. My day off being a Tuesday decided to set about replacing same ably assisted by Jake, the heavens opened up which is just typical and Jake stood over me with an umbrella, we stopped for lunch and the rain stopped we went back out and it started again, someone up there does not like me. Got it all back together again and started it up, come on Jake lets go out and try it out, the look of pure joy on that wee boys face was priceless, he was well made up. Of course his Sister wanted a run as well, needless to say all the work I have done with the suspenson, radiator, brake calipers etc etc was well worth the work involved plus of course a wee boy who flew for 23 hours not just to come on holiday but to see a my Lotus Esprit. I asked him if it was worth the long flight, definitely he reolied wait til I go home and tell my mates

post-2216-1209515368.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice pic lucky little fella and glad you have it back on the road and running well. I may have similar pics to share later on this year.

I have taken the plunge and flying up my sisters kids from the South Island next School holidays. Cody hes 12 and Abby she is 9. They will get spoilt rotten no doubt :). Cody is is also harping on about all things Esprit - hes never seen one in the flash yet. Abby's just a little poser and wants to be seen cruising the streets. Must take after her Aunty :thumbup:

350.gifNo.23

And who amoungst ye is braaavvvveeee enough to let the younger set have turn at the wheel in an empty lot?

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Looking good Chris. I think sometimes we get complacent about what we drive, and it takes the look of awe on a small childs face to remind us exactly how lucky we are.

I know what you mean about rain, I have spant the last 2 weeks doing my suspension bushes, and as soon as I get all the tools out, down comes the rain :thumbup: I think my joints have ages 10 years in the last 2 weeks. Think I need a 9 year old on umberella duty.

Edited by gasmangt3

Congrats on the return, know the feeling all to well. After 8 months of waiting for parts and the shop to do it's thing I just got my car back on Monday. Had to go easy untill I could remember how to drive the beastie.

Enjoy the ride!

Great news mate!

And good to see the next generation beiong inspired! :D

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!