free hit
counters
Anyone got an 01 or 02 UK V8? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
neal

Anyone got an 01 or 02 UK V8?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

as our esteemed chancellor says just buy a new lower emmision car and stop moaning,,,I am looking at converting the garage into stables by the end of the decade , if I still have a job by then.....whats the road tax on a horse?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

One thing the government has achieved is an flawless campaign against voter apathy!

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Neal,

Just hoping that they don't bring it down as far as the 97 cars.

Regards,

Peter.

Don't worry about tax on a 97, they will just ban them.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Just heard this on 5 live.

Seems like a tax on people who cannot afford a new car to me, which currently is nearly everybody.

They came up with an example of a 2001 1.6ltr Ford Focus whose road tax will rise to

And one wonders just what they are planning to do with all this extra tax??

Road infrastructure improvements?? :D

I guess they will just piss it away on bailing out more over-debted banks and assorted pikeys.....

It will have to be used to pay benefit to people who have to give up work due to not being able to afford to get there.

"Who Wants To Be A Millionare " Should be renamed "Who Wants To Win Enought Money To Run A Car For A Year"

And one wonders just what they are planning to do with all this extra tax??

Road infrastructure improvements?? :D

I guess they will just piss it away on bailing out more over-debted banks and assorted pikeys.....

Around London I see more and more foreign nationality plate cars appearing. Currently the place currently seems to be awash with Polish registration 5 series BMWs and Audis. Got me thinking.......

What would happen if you registered your car in another EU country, say France or even Poland. Alright you'd be driving round on foreign plates, but what's to stop you doing it? If the tax in the other country was lower you'd be far better off. You might even be able to avoid MOTs etc. What if you the got car insured in the other country? Would that be cheaper too?

Anyone know the legalities of this?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Around London I see more and more foreign nationality plate cars appearing. Currently the place currently seems to be awash with Polish registration 5 series BMWs and Audis. Got me thinking.......

What would happen if you registered your car in another EU country, say France or even Poland. Alright you'd be driving round on foreign plates, but what's to stop you doing it? If the tax in the other country was lower you'd be far better off. You might even be able to avoid MOTs etc. What if you the got car insured in the other country? Would that be cheaper too?

Anyone know the legalities of this?

I remember Clarkson's Ford GT had an Isle of Man registration :D

Don't know about vehicle registrations but I remember when going for a hoon on the IoM that the only motoring offence there which was 'transferrable' is an outright ban.

Even in Northern Ireland where they do have penalty points, the points aren't transferable to your GB license. So I could rack up 11 points on my NI license for offences there, and 11 nine points on my GB licenses for offences here and still not be disqualified under totting up in either jurisdiction. But once you get banned in one place you're banned everywhere.

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

LOL - two times funny

Thing is are the torries going to be any better, my guess no. Remember, save the planet, ditch your old car and buy a new one :D

facebook = [email protected]

dennis.jpg

'Spy shot' of Gordon Brown with his new suit on.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!