free hit
counters
Binnacle "telltales" - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Iconic Ride

Binnacle "telltales"

Own a '99 V8, but do not have a '99 owner's manual. Been wanting to know exactly what each "telltale" light displays (pardon my ignorance if that is not the correct term---in the States they would be referred to as "idiot lights"). Joined Club Esprit to (among other things) gain access to the Parts List PDF, and it helped quite a bit, but there are still one or two "international symbols" depicted that I haven't quite figured out. Is one for the Cats over temping?

What would really be helpful (if Lotus "legalities" permit it) would be a scanned page from the manual. Barring that, do we have any aspiring "artists" willing to make a quick sketch with labels that they could insert in a post?

Would be most appreciative for any assistance.

Thanks,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

overheat catalyst is an catalyst/silencer symbol [yellow] in RH area of the instrument cluster. It's not connected in European cars . Manual refers to Japanese/US-market specification only.. I think there should be a note on the drivers side sunvisor ?!

Best thing is you draw the symbols of interest, and we tell you what you see!

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Thanks, Gunter. The scan function of my printer doesn't want to "talk" to my wireless network for some reason. The best I can do is to take a cellphone pic of a drawing and "bluetooth" it into my PC and attach it to a post. Before I do that, let me try just describing the location of five of the symbols.

1. above turnsignals symbol and to left of oil press symbol (PDF shows what appears to be two squares, one above the other, the top one larger than the bottom one---the PDF scan is pretty fuzzy)

2. to right of "Park" (PDF pic has this symbol partially obscured)

3. to right of "Brake" (appears to be the symbol for brakes [drum and shoes depiction from the "old days"])

4. above the airbag symbol (this one might possibly be the Batt symbol?)

5. to right of "ABS" and below the Check Eng symbol (looks like a box with a single "button" on top)

Part of the problem it that not all of the lights come on at start up (only the ones doing a "self test" apparently). I have never seen (thankfully, I guess) the five lights described above.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

I meant to post these on your other thread weeks ago but kept forgetting to take the owners manual out of my car. Anyway, here you are.

All the best,

Neal

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Neal you are my friend for life! You have no idea how much I have wanted my hands on this information. Thank you for taking the time to do the scans.

Cheers!

John