free hit
counters
Lottie on track - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
islandbloke

Lottie on track

Despite my severe reservations about tracking Lottie (she's 18 and deserves treating kindly) I was talked into giving Hot Laps to passengers at a Young Driver 2008 event at the Jurby Airfield track today. Since I've been banging on to politicians and coppers here for years that the answer to cutting the crash stats for 17-25 year olds is training and inclusion (rather than a blanket all-island speed limit) I felt it only fair to support the event.

Lottie loved it. Bit damp at times, and I soon remembered that she could do with a LSD for that kind of mission, but we had a whale of a time. Wasn't like a trackday where you hammer round for ages - four or five 3 to 4 lap sprints and we called it a day.

Downside - I filled her with fuel on the way there, and she smelled like the inside of an Esso tanker after a couple of laps - dunno if it's leaky tanks, breather hose split, general overflow under cornering or she's over-fuelling on WOT. Also, after the last session I left her ticking over and came back to see her getting hot with a FAN FAIL light on (the fans were working fine earlier so i dunno if it's a relay or a wire has fallen off). Took it easy coming home, turned the heater to full-on and she soon came back to normal temps.

High spot - young lad in his teens walked past the Subaru, the sidecar outfit and Fireblade Seven replica and plonked himself in Lottie. "I've always loved Esprits but never been this close to one" he said. So he got an extra lap for free and loved every second.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

thats great Stu, you deserve a pat on the back

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Nice one Stu, just bought back a few good memories about Jurby and the Island, we'll be back in September/October.

Dave.