free hit
counters
Clutch pedal sticky - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJ

Clutch pedal sticky

Hi

The clutch pedal on my 86 turbo - When letting the pedal up, it sometimes feels 'sticky' right at the bottom of travel. Doesn't always do it, sometimes its fine. It doesnt feel like I've got clutch problems, all gears engage fine every time. I had everything apart about 1000miles ago, friction plate & release bearing looked good.

Any advice on which bit to take apart first is appreciated.

cheers

Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Was there any significant groove in the pressure plate fingers where the thrust bearing runs? this can cause this type of effect, if not I would give the slave cylinder a close inspection for wear/rust etc.

Phil

98GT3

Memory aint that great but I'm hoping I would have noticed any significant wear on the fingers. Slave cyclinder got a new set of seals at the same time but is a reasonable bet

mike check your slave cylinder, mine has been doing exactly what you have said, my slave is leaking, i am getting a rebuild kit monday for it, but then i may jusy buy a brand new unit.

but mines exactly the same, took a while to find it was leaking.

Not quite sure what actually sorted it, but after changing the master cylinder seals and adjusting as per the manual, the stickyness (and the constant stalling, making me look a right prat) has gone.

Mike

Not quite sure what actually sorted it, but after changing the master cylinder seals and adjusting as per the manual, the stickyness (and the constant stalling, making me look a right prat) has gone.

Mike

Hi Mike - my '87 was doing the same exact thing along with issues getting into 1st and reverse. A new slave cylinder not only took care of it but the car feels like it has a new transmission. Just excellent.

Edited by s2mikey