free hit
counters
Manifold Question - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as far as the part numbers there was the manifold on the 89-93ish, and then a revised one in 94-95ish with stronger webbing in an attempt to prevent cracking. They each have different part numbers, the later one super ceding the earlier one, but they are interchangeable.

The 88 has an exterior waste gate that bolts on after the manifold, but before the turbo, so that makes the manifold different, and shorter. And will not work with the 89+ cars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Espri...0239992245&

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

i have an 88 and a 94 . . .and as I remember the 88 has equal length headers and the 94 has shorter headers on the cylinders farther back . . . a shorter run for the exhaust gases . . . I remember reading somewhere that UK students at one of the universities discovered that equal length headers did not benefit performance as was thought for many many years. Shorter header lengths on the back cylinders actually got the hot gases to the turbo quicker . . . using this data, Lotus redesigned the header . . . I am pretty sure my 94 has this . . . I will check . . .

As for the header though, it would be an EZ and cheap matter to have one made I would imagine, the back flange connecting to the turbo is pretty EZ to come by, and it is simply 4 pips connected before the flange.

Edited by CBrownstead