free hit
counters
AEG MEETING 01st JULY 08 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
simonf

AEG MEETING 01st JULY 08

Please remember that the june meeting is to be held on Saturday 7 June 2008 at Hethersett, which is a charity event for Hethersett Football Club/School/Community. Please see Kimbers thread for more details, and please, please, please lend your support - there is going to be food and beer!!!

Kimbers has very kindly asked his dad (Mike Kimberley CEO Lotus Cars Ltd) to give a speech! I have a feeling this is going to be the best turn out to date!

Please can i have a list of attendees, we will sort out the venue closer to the time!

Simon f food required

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are Essex boys allowed to attend?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I will try and make it, but I have the MOT coming up before hand :sick:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Are Essex boys allowed to attend?

No fluffy dice, dixie air horns etc.

Simon, are we going to do another event in June? Just thinking we may not have a great number of people at Hetherset , so a normal evening do might be a good idea, or meet up with some other group for once. The Essex guys would be a nice one-off event, I think they meet at the Woodman Stanford Rivers ( M25 near M11) or White Hart Margaretting Tye (A12 south of Chelmsford) depending on which part of the month.

It would be a nice little run, not too far for most of us.

Or any of the other groups, Club Lotus (Norfolk or another one).

Andy

Andy i am happy to have a June AEG, but i think it may be too much for people to get there cars out of the garage twice in a month, also I really don't want to dis-suade anyone from going to the charity event! Without wishing to sound harsh, we may just tempt people who were going to travel to the charity event to come to the AEG meet instead and that could spell disaster for the charity event. Especially as we all agreed it would be good for the Mighty AEG to help local communities in some way and this is about as good a way as i can think of so to speek (as it was actually Kimbers idea!!)

I suggest if people still want an AEG meeting, we will arrange after the charity event so that there is no conflict of interest.

Hope that doesn't sound to meen or controlling!

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Just slow to reply to this, not sulking.

Fair point about not wishing to tempt peole away from the charity event, hadn't thought about that aspect. Note to self- must get garden rake into car to start the cleaning process.

So, yes if we do another meet in June, we'd have to look at thinking about it after the charity event.

Andy

If you come over in the esprit on Sunday, i will give your car some special treatment - I will use some of my special fluids (oh err missus!) to bring back its lustre!

You still on for Sunday? PNM have let me down on the heat shield :D i mean i only asked them three weeks ago! but to be fair Pete did say that he had been on holiday - doesn't help me though! I still have the asbestos shield that surrounds the mount - its the bits that bolt on to the back of it that i need and i reckon i could just about manage to fit those with the engine in place!

Getting excited now about getting her back on the road!

See you sunday all being well!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hope all goes well Simon :D

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

You can come over if you want nifty, but we aren't going out for a hoon, no you will have to get your hands dirty instead, as we are putting my engine back in!! As you said on the phone, its unlikely to be ready for a hoon in the afternoon!

I will let you know when i am back on the road, and i will take a rain check on that hoon!!! Be good to get out and about with other enthusiasts again! Nice to not have to rely on Andy for a lift to the Mighty AEG meetings too!

Hope you are well

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'd like to just say that MJK is supporting the June event which is actually organised by my brother and he tells me he won't attend unless some more of you sign up for it.......so there! :lol:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Kimbers, is your dad going to do the speech at the Julymeeting? Or is he just doing the charity event?

Edited by Kimbers
tidy tidy

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Currently both mate.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

RRRRRRRRRRESSULT!!! Looking forward to that one very much!

Good luck for saturday, hope the weather holds out!, no takers for my car so unfortunately it won't be there!

Best wishes

Simonf

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Did you speak to Buddsy? He's coming but not in a Lotii.

Hi,

Where is this meeting happening, Suffolk, Lotus Sport HQ or Norfolk BIH Wreningham again? Also is this the one we could have as a joint SELOC/AEG meeting? This will only be the local SELOC people, if so I need to notify my mate regarding times and places.

Simon?

Owen.

Good question Owen.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Hi,

Simon, what's happening with this meeting? I've spoken to my SELOC mate and if this is one we are going to have as joint meet, then I need to know time, venue and what's actually happening, he said let him know and it can get sorted.

Thanks,

Owen.

Kimbers, did you have any joy with your mate with regards have this meeting within automotive mecca (Hethel obviously)? If not should ni get the Bird in Hand organised? I am feeling that we should get this meeting moving with some momentum.

Let me know mate and i will sought it out

Simon

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

This meeting seems to have stalled - am i to book the Bird in Hand? Is MJK coming? bearing in mind its a week on tuesday, i feel we should have made some more progress on this by now! Should we stall this meeting until more has been sorted? If Mike is going to give a talk, it would probably be a good idea to allow a little more time to sought out interest from other groups (CL and SELOC etc)

Please give me your feedback, because without a venue there will be no meeting! and without a meeting there will be no speech!

Simonf

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I could make this if it is in the evening (if it is still on) - I fly back into Norwich at around 6 pm and could drive straight there....

AEG-banner.jpg

It would be nice to meet you as i missed the charity day due to Best-Man duties!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Manyarna dude, am busy drinking and playing poker don'tcha know!!

Sign in to follow this