free hit
counters
I've got time this weekend and fancy a meet up - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
peter_england99

I've got time this weekend and fancy a meet up

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Esprit is still at SWLC. Thought it was going to be picked up tomorrow, but phone call today saying not ready. :whistle:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sorry Peter - off to learn how to be a beekeeping examiner this weekend at Stoneleigh, so won't be around.

I'll be taking the Esprit, though, if that counts...? :whistle:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Stoneleigh! and Esprit! - I'm sure that meets not usially until October Dan :whistle:

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

On Sunday I was planning to pop along to this in Bradford on Avon with the pistonhead guys, kind of like the Cheddar meet we all did a few months back :

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=510948

I'll be taking an easy drive there & back though, I felt slight clutch slip on hard acceleration in 4th the other day :crybaby:

I'm popping along to the Classic, Custom and American Car show at Cricket St Thomas wildlife park tomorrow. I've seen hardly any advertising for it, so it may well be naff. On the other hand I want to sell my truck so I thought I'd pop along with a for sale in the window....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Well Peter, the Cricket St Thomas show was much better than I feared I must say, tho no doubt the perfect weather helped. Sorry no pics - forgot the camera!!

It was a 10 til 4 do for

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

P/heads meet was good, lovely weather, check out the pics, its not everyday you meet up with a bright green Konigseggeggegge...... stunning, made the Esprit look as tall as a Ford Focus.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=532721

Oh even with 800+ BHP & lots of torques the owner still stalled it in front of everyone when leaving, but of a bugger to drive!

Gary,

Would have loved to See the Koenigsegg in the flesh. Hoping that it's nicer when you can judge the proportions. I have to admit that it's not my favorite super car, looks to me like all the super car drawings I did as a kid. Pagini Zonda is my Super car of choice.

I saw that your car featured a few times. What was the sun roof picture in aid of?

Regards,

Peter.

I saw that your car featured a few times. What was the sun roof picture in aid of?

Regards,

Peter.

Aah! the only bit of the car I didnt polish! If you look closely you can see those cotton type seeds that fly in the air & get everywhere, there was a tree by the car park & it really was like it was snowing, if you look at the pic on the Elise seat theres a mass of them there. They really did get everywhere, I think the idea of that photo was to show the seeds!

Long reply to a simple question!

The Konig really was amazing. The female owner also owns a 6.0 orange Diablo & her daily driver is a Dodge Viper. Her chappie drove the car back & they are both really nice people, happy to show you around the car & chat. It hadnt been used since November (what a waste!) so the battery was a bit drained but what a beast. Odd to think its the baby one with only 800 bhp. :devil: They were after a Saleen but theres a 16 mth waiting list so had to make do with the Konig for the time being.... its a hard life.

Konig/Lambo/Viper - I definately picked the wrong occupation.

Konig is the only supercar/hypercar I've not had the pleasure of viewing in the flesh. Not only low but very wide by the looks. Don't think color would have been in my top three choices, but hey, don't think I'll ever have to make that decission mores the pity.

Sign in to follow this