free hit
counters
Anyone see the F1 and the bit about the Lotus 49? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone see the F1 and the bit about the Lotus 49?

Caught it today, drove it round silverstone as it's 60 years of silverstone this year. Martin Brundell drove it and really liked it. Also had a bit of Film with Colin Chapman speaking, never heard him before!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Antiques

Yes it was a pleasure to watch ,and to see the short clip of colin chapman.Martin Brundle was very impressed driving it.I wanted to go out to my Elite and shine the world constructors badge ,it made me very proud,James/ANTIQUES.

Loved it - and I never knew that age of F1 car had sequential gears!

The Lotus 49 with Jim Clark was the reason for my schoolboy fascination with Lotus that has lasted over 40 years. If I won the lottery, that's the car I'd buy for trackdays and classic racing, no question. I reckon an old Formula Ford pilot like me would be able to drive one reasonably well, unlike the current stuff which takes a dozen blokes with laptops to even get started!

Proper racing car from an era when getting drunk the night before, smoking in the cockpit and doing naughty things with pitlane totty were all perks of the job!

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

TBH it was nicer watching go round the track than beeing parked on the next stand to it at Donny. It is ok looking at these cars standing still but watching them drive and move about on the track was awesome.

Very good.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Brilliant! I've got a t-shirt with that car on :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I saw it when it was driven round Norwich with all their other cars, I think it was the 25th anniversary. The car I loved more than any others was the Gold Leaf. I still love those colours.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Guest Antiques

THAT CERTAINLY WAS THE ERA FOR REAL RACING .ALTHOUGH I STILL LOVE F1 ,I CANT HELP BUT THINK ITS VERY ROBOTIC NOW ,AND THAT INCLUDES many of the drivers ,who have the charisma of a cabbage!!.Give me the James Hunts of the racing world to add a bit of glamour.James/antiques ps sorry for shouting!

Buggar it all! Our new and recently installed filtering system will not allow me to view the clip on either YouTube or the "clickme" connection!

What are these people thinking! Are we expected to work or some such thing?! Rant, rant, and further rant.

disgruntled employee trying to goof off at the work place.