free hit
counters
s4 potential purchase - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Foot2thefloor

s4 potential purchase

Hi,

I have been looking at some S4 Esprits recently and am contemplating ownership, having always fancied having one. There seems a big discrepency in both asking prices and conditions (and not always in the way you would expect!) What do you think is the current realistic price for a reasonable S4, that is tidy on top, tidy inside, not a complete minger underneath, and has a reasonable level of history?

Also how much more is the S4S worth over the basic version? Parkers seems to have taken a very aggressive stance recently and I do not fancy paying a rich price, to be kicked to death if/when I re-sell.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mark, Thanks, point taken, what seems like a bargain can quickly absorb cash! Not sure about the S4s doesnt seem like you get much more over the S4, however I think I would rather stick to a 4 potter as a starter, I suspect that V8 maintainence will be more expensive and much less option to do stuff myself

I don't know much about the 8s other than the acceleration will tear your face off, but (for me anyway) the 4 is an acceptable compromise between fun and running costs especially as a totally indulgent third car. Why not have a look at a GT3 where you get later build quality with the lightweight feel of the early stuff? There are 2 red ones on Ebay right now.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Obviously judge the car on it's merrits. Anyone who knows the cars can give you an idea of what is good and what is a bad price but I've seen cheap minters and (very) expensive dust bins.

Throw Parker away hehe, best thing to do is look on Lotus Esprit World's forsale and see what you come up with comparison wise.

Common consensus is the V8 is more to look after but the proff seems to point to the opposite !

Reading some owners comments I wouldn't say there was much in it.

Depends what you're after, I'm like Mark, happy with my little GT3 :(

(although it is a pain having to pull the car back before jumping in and driving it everytime :rolleyes:)

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = [email protected]