free hit
counters
headlights and pods - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Quicker

headlights and pods

two issues - hoping to find some experience to steal...

1) My PODs go up - no problem, but do not always come down - one or both. I simply turn the manual knob at the end of the motor a 1/2 turn and then push the headlight switch on-off and the PODs drop in fine. I rebuilt the gears and plastic buffers. Greased the connecting hardware.

2) My low beams are out - but -

- the lamps work and come on with the high beams

- the relay is good

- no blown fuses

- seems to be missing voltage to the relay....

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey, Lou. The lady and I have been talking about going back to Austin to explore the nightlife. Perhaps we could go next weekend and we can troubleshoot your problem. I might not have much Lotus experience but 4 hands are better than 2.

Is the Esprit still your daily driver?

Scott

So you replaced the bushings like the ones sold on Ebay......and the gears looked fine with no broken teeth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-88-PONTI...sspagenameZWDVW

So if the motors themselves are fine...it could be the headlight control unit getting lazy....which I believe is also from the Pontiac Sunbird or other 90's GM's like the Fiero, Corvette, Sunbird, Firebird....that ubit sends the delayed electrical signal to the headlights.

Edited by Paul93Lotus

hey Scott -

I'll be in the garage all Saturday - I have the Lotus Gear Shift improvement kit - so be looking at my headlights as well....

Saturday night the neighbourhood fellows are coming over to watch this month's UFC.... starts at 8pm...

If you are coming down - cool - this morning was our 37week check up - so we're not much the partying type with 15 days until the little princess is here....

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

:UPDATE:

I resolved the low beams not coming on. Turned out to be an intermittent connection in the relay base of the 'Dip Beam Relay' - I pulled out and re-squeezed the connectors - works like a charm now.

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....