free hit
counters
Engine Stalling at Full A/C - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
2003 V8 TT

Engine Stalling at Full A/C

Friends,

I recently had the ECU reset, so I've been driving around to get the ECU to learn proper idle with and without the A/C operation. After 3 solid hours of driving, I figure the ECU had enough time to calculate all the parameters and maintain steady engine operation. In short, all's well when the A/C is off. When the A/C is on, things are fine if the A/C knob is kept at 50% or lower. When turning it 50% or higher, the engine stalls (even when in gear on the highway, but only if the foot is off the gas). Please advise, thanks!

-Will

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Will,

Can't say I've had the same issue when I've reset my ECU. The problem after a reset I have had, is the car stalling when idle for the 1st few journeys. If I remember correctly, the ECU should recognise that it stalled and increase the rpm next time to try to ovoid the problem in the future. Eventually the ECU will learn the correct idle rpm for the car when with and without the AC on.

Let's hope that the problem is just a case of the ECU not having re-learnt all the idle behaviours during the test drive you did, and that it will after a bit of extra driving.

Regards,

Peter.

Will,

Its that simple ... its just has not learnt to idle properly with the A/C ON.

Switch your A/C ON for the next couple runs ... of course there has to be some idling inbetween the runs ;o) and you will see that it will learn to idle, also with the A/C ON.

BTW, please donot press the throttle to keep it from stalling ! If it stalls, let it do so. Donot push the throttle and restart again. Otherwise it wont learn either ...

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus