free hit
counters
Air-con expansion valve - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Air-con expansion valve

I've just had an engineer come and recharge my air-con but the expansion valve is knackered. It appears that the drier may have broken down and blocked the valve. The valve is covered with some sort of sticky felt which stops it icing up and dripping which will have to be removed but can the valve be replaced with the dash in place or does the dash need to come out?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey mine is knackerd too!

:D

Has been since i owned it. Have never bothered getting the A/C sorted as it's something else to

maintain, thus i lost the glass roof and am now happily cool under my carbon one.

Some time ago, Steve Williams found a vaccum leak on my car, which once mended solved the

mystery of why the heater did not work.

I wonder, is the expansion valve on the same vaccum system?

If so, there is the slim chance the thing once described as not working, might now work.

don't bother about your aircon

if it works it's fine and keep it that way but don't use it

it's going to cost you powerRRRRRRRR

:0)

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Expansion valve has nothing to do with the vacuum system.....has to do with flow of refrigerant.

Ah, cheers for that.

:)

Rens, i share your view. The last car i had with (working) air con was a toyota in 1999, and

it put another 400 rev load on the engine if i turned it on. If i used the Esprit day to day

then i might be more bothered about splashing out i guess, but it's a luxury i've never been

that fussed about and depending what work was needed service time, would be right at the

bottom of my list if it needed repair - i only 'just' keep on top of what needs doing anyhow.

;)