free hit
counters
Hello From Sunny Scottsdale, Arizona - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tmargalit

Hello From Sunny Scottsdale, Arizona

Hello all,

My name is Tal and I am looking for a 98 Esprit V8. I did some readying about the car and trying to get as much information as I can before I get it. I realy like the way the inside looks on the 98+ Espries. Always loved the way the looked and wanted to get one since I saw the Bond movie "For your eyes only".

any advise on how to find the "right" one? Any easy way to sort the bad apple for the rest?

Thanks and hello

Tal

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey Tal and welcome to LEF.

Click the links on the bottom of every LEF page to LEW, LET and EFF and read up, you'll find tonnes of info that is very useful :(

Good luck finding your car :(

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Welcome to the forum Tal :(

Scan through the last few pages in Newbies section and you'll find several previous threads on broadly similar themes that may help too.

Welcome Tal, we look forward to reading about your hunt and eventual purchasing.

In regards to what to look for see above....... :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome Tal,

As you will need a LH version, here is a link to the German V8-98 market.

The prices are quite steep at the moment due to the strong Euro, but at least it increases the market portfolio

Good luck with you hunt

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.h...mp;doSearch.y=9

Edited by Fandango

Mind if I cut in ?

arizona eh? lots of empty roads to play on me thinks lol

good look finding one, lots of ppl on here from that way on i belive, well cali anyway.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Hi Tal -

Call Harry Appleby at Viking Motor Sports (Costa Mesa California) he's probably the premier Esprit mechanic in the US, and if one of his customers has a good car for sale he'll know. There was a really fast black 98 with tan interior at his shop a while back, I think the owner was asking $35-40K or something in that range. What ever you buy have it inspected!

http://www.vikingmotorsports.com

Edited by fmxa

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

fmxa,

Thanks for the information and I will give Harry Appleby a call today since I have any eye on a 2000 V8 with 30K miles and a new clutch just put in. The problem is that the car is in the east coast and it will be hard to get it over there for a PPI.

I will call him and ask his opinion.

Thanks again.

Tal