free hit
counters
Brembo brake/disc upgrade - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sky_cz

Brembo brake/disc upgrade

thx t ounamed company my car still sinking into dust and other mess. so when is dissasembled thinking about complete brake upgrade, just read some brake etc topics here and must say im t much smart from it.

so my question is, direct parts and links ll help :( , i want change default 90 SE (toyota) brakes including discs to all brembo its real idea? they r some complications?

thx

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had thought about doing this, but do you also need to change master cylinder etc? I was thinking of going the Hispec route as they are a direct swap on the front.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I am in the process of doing this. If your going new, then cost is the factor.

If you go second hand and source the parts then you need to consider the following:

Front calipers, Pins and shims if not complete, seal kits if required,

Brake discs,

Pads,

Stub axle is the same, but you will need hubs and possibly bearings,

Caliper mounting brackets,

Fixing bolts and hardware

and brake hoses.

For the rear you will need:

Rear Calipers, Pins and shims if not complete, seal kits if required,

Brake discs,

Pads,

Handbrake cables. Existing can be re routed I believe, but are a different length and maybe too short

and brake hoses.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I have upgraded all and have the hi-spec kit available with plenty of other brake goodies.

PM me for prices and details.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

You could always put them in the 'For Sale' section Rog?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Easy conversion.. Buy a set of discs, hubs calipers and mounting blocks used from a breakers, recondition and fit with pagid blue pads and new steel braded hoses to suit.. hey presto jobs a good un, nothing complicated here.. Good luck! Guy who is buying my car is converting to AP racing jobbies for the track so may be worth asking him for the calipers and discs but you still need hubs pads and brake lines.. I'll pop the question next time I speak with him..

Cheers

Mark

P.S he is located in Germany so postage might be costly? Rears can use existing handbrake cables but need new hoses... Master cylinder does not need replacing but can be if you like, mine is standard, brakes feel a tad wooden but I think that's the crap pads that's on there..

Edited by mwmackenzie

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Not sure celica brakes would fit straight on??? I'd definately buy a set off an Esprit.. try douglas valley breakers in England? or south west lotus center, PNM or SJ sportscars...

Best of luck

Mark

Edited by mwmackenzie

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

There's a set of front Brembo GT3 calipers on Ebay at the moment for about

Sky

buy the Hi-spec set Rog is offering you

it is complete for the front side. (hopefully with hawk pads)

on the back you only need new discs and red stuff (EBC)

works super for your car

greets rens

Edited by rens914

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Hi,

will have the Brembo setup for sale in late July, only missing the hubs and bearings.

I am upgrading to the AP setup. My yellow Brembo calipers, EBC turbo groove disks, EBC green stuff have been on for about 7000 Km now...

PM or watch the sale page after July for details.....

PS going for Ferodo DS1-11 pads! Will post my findings, supposedly similar to Pagid RS15.....

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg