free hit
counters
V8 vallance (Aerofoil) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 vallance (Aerofoil)

Just a few questions regarding the V8 valance (A082B5327J)

Im toying with the idea of fitting a twin exit Larini exhaust and I dont want to modify my existing valance.

Does the above fit a GT3 without any modification (straight swap in other words)?

Has anyone fitted a SJ Sportcars "moulded" version?

Has anyone got a proper Lotus valance for sale?

Has anyone got any sound/video files of the Larini twin exit exhaust (at idle and at revs)

Mick

99 GT3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this, it fits straight on but mine fell off after a few months, shady garage who fitted it didn't secure it properly!! Gutted as they are expensive to buy so there is one in edinburgh by the side of the road somewhere, gutted but the car lookd pretty mean without it on as you can see the larini now, looks cool ...

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Jonathan Edwards has one and it was the best sounding 4 cyl at the factory day, you won't be disappointed. Shame you hadn't said earlier as I have just chucked out a spare GT3 valance which could have been chopped about to suit.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

HI Mick

I fitted a Larini twin exhuast on my GT3 some times ago, this the best exhaust for this car! very good sound from a supercar!very fine! but about this you certainly have read many posts...so about the valance I have bought the original V8 and fitted for some weeks, after I modified my original GT3 aerofoil, THIS THE BEST CHOOSE!

because the original GT3 aerofoil is more sport and finally you will see the difference from the standard v8 aerofoil and a gt3 modified

regards

Alessandro

Alex has the Larini fitted to his GT3 and it does sound very nice.

Not sure if he had to make any alterations to get it fitted but perhaps he'll tell us. Alex...............?

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

OK hear me now - finally got a clip of me mota.

http://www.jonathanedwards.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Movie.wmv

Obviously this is mobile phone tech and it sounds a lot better irl but it's even better when the exhaust is nice and hot. On tick over it actually shakes the car a bit when at the lights, but when the car's soaked through after 30mins or what ever the gasses flow really well and you get this lovely snarly note with lots of poppapopopoapapoapaoapopopop when you lift off.

Also check out how fast I go lock to lock from - oh yeah...

Oh and those are aftermarket tips as well, if I could remember where I bought them I would let you know as they are superb and dont tarnish like the ones supplied.

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = [email protected]

Jonno, fancy sticking that in the 'Exhaust Options' wiki article please?

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...ticle&id=30

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've actually got a spare V8 rear valance if you're interested, but it is slightly damaged.

The top of the pillar (which are pretty flimsy anyway) on the RHS side tore away. That's the bit which the bolt that runs up inside the pillar secures against to hold the valance onto the body. Here it is:

And this is (relatively) undamaged LHS:

You could try repairing it by say cutting an aluminium plate and securing it to the top. Or run a bolt the entire height of the valance and fix it with a repair washer to the bottom - you'll never see unless you crouch down to look at the valance. You might not find a long enough bolt (as I recall it's only an M6, which is why they tend to sheer...) but you should be able to get an M6 threaded rod and cut it to length.

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Way I'd repair that is make a slightly smaller section of the top out of stainless plate and slide it in from the back where the join is for the aerofoil back. Tip it on it's head and put something in there to hold it in place and then glass fibre repair over the top - be well strong then.

No, standard CAT. personally removing the cat would make it a bit too gruf.

It's not too bad actually, some of those revs were past 6500 rpm which you're not going to do on the driveway (unless you're doing a video for LEF)

It's a tiny bit loud but most people accept it becasue of the car itself - when you hear things like this strapped to a Nova or a kiddy car it's just not right and people get the hump.

TVR is an example - everyone likes a TVR ^_^

Other way to repair it (just did this on mine, all sprayed red now, looks the breasticles)...

Put gaffa tape over the post end (the bit the bolts onto the car) push a threaded bar into the tape so it goes in. Put a nut on it to stop it going all the way in and leave a bit hanging out (you'll need this). Turn the old fella over and try and wedge a large penny washer (pref stainless) into the back where the 2 parts join and onto the threaded bar. Now mix up some araldite or fibreglass resin and pour it in so that it pots the post end.

Let it dry fully and unscrew the threaded bar (you'll need pliars to turn it no doubt) the washer should be captive in the resin and the resin should have formed a repair patch. Use a 6mm drill to drill out the threaded imprint in the resin and you should have a good repair job. I put a fair amount (5mm deep at least) of resin in to re-inforce it.

To stop this from cracking what you want to do is gap the bracket inside the bumper and the aerofoil with a few washers which stops the fixing bolt trying to pull the moulding through the hole cut in the bumper.

Mines on now, very strong and no probs.

Are larini still producing exhausts for the 4pots? I could not see them on the site, only for the V8

Personally I have got a Quicksliver sports exhaust, did not think my neighbours would appreciate the Quicksliver super sports exhaust :D ...Bibs must have understanding neighbours B) .

I needed a new valence and brought one from the GT3 that was being broken on Ebay though they managed to break off one of the legs when taking it off so just having to glass it back together.

would be good to hear the difference between the larini and the Quicksilver sports / super sports.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

I had it measured today at Castle Combe as I wanted to get out on the track. 113dB which is twice as loud as live rock music but quieter than a miltary jet taking off! :D:P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

larini said www.pukesprit.de are exclusively selling them

I cant see the twin output exhausts on PUK, just the R/H exit for 4 pots.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

For reference the QuickSilver twin output exhaust is around

Edited by internets