free hit
counters
Haynes Motor Museam - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mayevora

Haynes Motor Museam

Went here last about 5 years ago. A good day out - Even has Mike Brewers old Esprit on display.

Just testing the water to see what interest there would be in a visit. Thinking about 6 weeks time (end June/begining of July)

Let me know who is interested.

http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/museum/index.html

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, sounds good to me. I like the A303 (when there are no caravans on it). All the roundabouts give plenty of opportunity for some good accelerating.

Good idea Ian - not been for a while now. Early July would suit me better than late June ^_^

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Thats 6 Esprits so far. Nice one chaps - let see if we can make to double figures or close to for the inaugural meet.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Been there a few times cos the Sunbeam Lotus Owners Club held their AGMs there for a few years. Love it tho...more cars from "my" era than anywhere else I've been. Now I live only 20 mins from there! Depending on date....count me in.

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Proposed date at the moment is Sunday 20th July, so lots of notice. This is 6 week time so hopeing it doesn't clash with too many other events or summer hols. I am aiming to get there for a nice leisurely 11am meet if that suits.

We have 7 individuals showing an interest at the moment. If we can up this to 10 the entry price will drop to

Might have a think on this mate. Be nice to have a drive thats not in the M40/M25 direction,

a drive out this way will be a nice change and have never been to the place. Will have a check

and get back.

:)

1 - Ian May

2 - Peter Maeers

3 - Mike - MPx

4 - Rog - SE OWNER :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

5.Mark.p

1 - Ian May

2 - Peter Maeers

3 - Mike - MPx

4 - Rog - SE OWNER :-D

5.Mark.p

Ok, my thoughts. I invited comments on the Sherborne Castle Event Bigsi posted that clashed with this proposed visit to Haynes Motor Museam. I have 1 for and 2 against this event at Haynes happening over the Sherborne Castle Event at this time.

When all said and done I have had 7 yes's for the Haynes trip via this thread so it looks like we will still going to Haynes if those 'Yes's' still wish to attend.

I'm happy with either choice. To be honest the venues are quit close to each other, so we could do both.

But will get the ball rolling and start a new list for the Haynes Museum Visit.

1) Peter Maeers

1 Peter Maaers

2 Ian May

Well it looks like after all the initial interest it will be just the three of us at the mo. Mike and Peter, are you happy if we aim to arrive between 10.30am and 11.00am?

Do you want to meet at Exeter services at say 09:15?

Sounds good Peter. If the weathers OK, I'll get some food packed up.

I'm less than 30mins from the museum so can easily make any time.....see you in the car park. Haven't actually got the Esprit back from SJs yet, but hopefully will do before Sunday! If not will still be in a Lotus of some sort!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Mike,

What a dilemma you must have each time you you go out, Esprit, Carlton, or Elan? Can you tell how envious I am. See you Sunday.

Regards,

Peter.

Sign in to follow this