free hit
counters
Braided hoses - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mayevora

Braided hoses

Haveing minor trouble engageing reverse when everything has heated up. Had this problem years ago on the N/A and got the red hose replaced with braded.

Is this most likely to be the same, or is there anything differant on the V8's that I need to know?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

they have the braided ones after '97 -but the twinplate clutch does also make some trouble! Other point is the gearbox internals, there is a special mechanism that is for the gear change in reverse. Try to select an forward gear first, than try to engage the reverse gear. It is more silent in my car if i use this way... .

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I'm not 100% sure this is the same on the V8, but on the 4 pot you can adjust the length of the rod out of the slave cylinder, by undoing a lock nut and screwing in/out the retaining bolt for the actuator rod.

I had this problem on mine several years back. The clutch slave cylinder wasn't pushing the fork far enough, so I adjusted the bolt a bit and it has worked fine ever since.

I think this bolt is designed for taking up slack as the clutch wears through normal use.

However, check you have a braided hose first. You can see it easy enough coming out of the clutch master cylinder in the front compartment.

As you are aware from your older N/A days, this is a known and very common issue!

Edited by Glyn Harper

first i also taught there is an adjustment, but others told be it is not possible to adjust slave in [later ?!] 8 pots.

I looked close inside, and yes there is only a full plastic actuator with no adjustment options.

So the points are: hose -metal or plastic ?, master cylinder and pedal adjustment in works specification ? gear change mechanism (cable) setting within specification ?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..