free hit
counters
TURBO Advice - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nellie

TURBO Advice

Hi,

After advice yet again ;)

Need to replace my turbo's as one has started to smoke quite badly :)

Turbo Technics are up the road from me so was after feedback from anyone who has had a modified turbo supplied by them. I am interested in going to a T28 compressor so was after anyone who has had a similar job undertaken, or even just had the standard turbo and housings modified.

Failing the TT route has anyone used Turbo Dynamics.

Thanks in advance

Nellie :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mike Sekinger is the man to ask.

I know he recently had his T25s up with Turbo Technics so see what they could do to increase the flow either by modding them but retaining the existing casings or going for full a T28/T25 hybrid.

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Hi Nellie,

If you

Edited by mike_sekinger

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Mike,

Thanks, that really helpful.

Sounds like the modification of the existing turbo to fit the larger compressor is what I am after.

My initial thoughts is to go a non intercooled route initally and aiming for reliable output between 400 - 450 bhp. I am hoping slightly better airflow will help keep the charge temperature down. Longer term I hope to add intercooling to the car, so would want the capacity to meet higher boost built into teh trubo's now.

When I get the trubo's off I will take a short journey up the road and discuss my requirements with TT.

As a rough guide could you elaborate to the rough costing I could expect ^_^ .

Thankfully with the MOT being passed the bonus is free to fritter on modification!!

Cheers

Nellie ^_^

Hi,

From memory, a rebuild with a 360 deg bearing will cost you close to 450GBP per turbo.

Depending on the spec if your re-flow job, you could be looking at about 800-900GBP each.

If you are looking into re-flowed options, you should check out the offerings from overseas and Europe as well.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica