free hit
counters
S1 Light On Warning Light - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
winners

S1 Light On Warning Light

My green dash light which comes on to let me know my lights and side lights are on, only appears if I also switch on the Dash board illumination lights. Does anyone know if this is OK or if I have a wrongly wired car?

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Jean, it's something I've kept wanting to ask on here but always forgot. It just seemed strange that I had to have two switches on to get a warning light on for my side lights!

Mind you strange wiring and Lotus do go together!

Edited by USAndretti42
Deleted quote of immediately preceding post

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

Allegedly (according to my father) the older cars used to have 2 switches for the purpose of not draining the battery as much. You can switch just the side lights on and park, or put those on with the dash lights and drive at night.

May be true, may be a load of rubbish.

Andy

That dash light always has made no sense to me. I think it just came in the Veglia instrument package for some reason and Lotus felt they should use it rather than leave it blank so it never came on and then people would think it had failed !

cheers

Rohan

The dash light is working as it should ... well according to my car but it does have a few anomalies.

The dash light switch is a 3 position switch ...Off/Dim/Bright

My switch is different. Its three settings are off, dim and less dim. Haven't found the bright setting yet.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Thats sounds sounds much like the uprated fully variable version of the dash lighting control in my late S1 - It goes from off through very dim to dim in a full range of useless variation.

cheers

Rohan

My switch is different. Its three settings are off, dim and less dim. Haven't found the bright setting yet.

My one is ok.... i did replace the dash bulbs a while back which were a bit dis-coloured...perhaps that would help?