free hit
counters
White 'Bond' Esprit required - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

White 'Bond' Esprit required

We've been asked if we can help with supplying a white Esprit for a 'James Bond' evening at RAF Honington, close to Bury St Edmunds on Friday 20th June.

Any takers please?

Expenses will be covered, they 'may' be a couple of tickets to the event thrown in, tbc at present.

Please post below or email me. Thanks.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've looked everywhere!

banksy_clean_streets.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Perhaps a touch bigger Eddie, thanks all the same ya wally!

Evora NA

Anyone?

Evora NA

This may be out of order, especially as I've already said I can't make it 'cos I'm already doing something else. But offering just expenses and the "possibility" of ticket for their "do", so they don't have to hire a car from one of these movie car companies, does appear rather tight. Is this why there have been no takers.

We all like showing our cars just for the buzz, but there are limits.

Mark (Grumpy)

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

Do you think it might be a security thing?

Evora NA

As an ex RAF Officer the date looks to me very much like it could be their Officers Mess Summer Ball. If so it would be a fantastic do, as it's a main flying base the occasion will be large and I dare say drinks will be at Mess prices, these balls are very big events in the RAF world. It would definitely be an occasion worth going to.

I don't know what the current rules are but I'm sure there would be the possibility of a look at some nice aircraft too as a quid pro quo. It's the sort of thing we used to do as a thank you for help, costs nothing, perhaps Bibs you could put a request along these lines back to your contact?

I appreciate your comments but I've got to say (and it's very much my personal opinion) that at this time anything we can do to support our Armed Forces should be encouraged. Don't forget that that they don't make political decisions, simply have to respond to whatever our Government throws at them and there is no doubt they are currently stretched and engaged in hazardous duties.

As I said my personal opinion, I don't want to trigger this thread into a debate about our armed forces or Iraq etc, but I do think the case needs stating for helping out on this one.

If my car was roadworthy I'd offer it in a flash.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Mat, I know you didn't want a debate on the armed forces but I just wanted to make it clear my comments weren't aimed at the RAF just the situation of an outside body asking for a favour. I agree with your suggestion to make it more attractive by way of offers to see planes etc. By the way I agree with the comments on the RAF and all forces at the moment.

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

My car is the closest to the white Turbo Esprit used in the Bond 007 film "For Your Eyes Only". It was seen in the beginning of the film but was blown up by the baddies almost immediately. The car used in the film was the first prototype Turbo Esprit, and mine is the first production model in white colour. Here is a snapshot from the film, and my car next to it...

post-4298-1212022194.jpgpost-4298-1212022386.jpg

You can see and read more about my For Your Eyes Only Turbo Esprit on the following LEF webpages:

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...tem&CID=341

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...&pid=175293

So...

If the RAF wants to fly me and my car in a C-130 Hercules over to Honington - I am happy to oblige!

My pickup address is RAAF Avalon, Melbourne Australia.

** Note: My Lotus Turbo Esprit is not the 'submarine' car from "The Spy Who Loved Me" - that was a Series 1 model Esprit (no Turbo)

Edited by paul steinberg

We've been asked if we can help with supplying a white Esprit for a 'James Bond' evening at RAF Honington, close to Bury St Edmunds on Friday 20th June.

Any takers please?

Expenses will be covered, they 'may' be a couple of tickets to the event thrown in, tbc at present.

Please post below or email me. Thanks.

Bibs,

Aks Wolf here on the forum. He might be willing to drive up from Lake Constance with his white S1

Mind if I cut in ?

In reply to Marks comment (and this is a personal opinion not a Moderator one) I think that we have become, over the last 2 years, the "Go To Guys" whenever anyone wants a photoshoot, event draw or even organised charity event. I think we all benefit from this whether it be a Pretty Woman Car, James Bond Car, or just plain Esprit for a magazine or event as it gets us press, public goodwill and benefits in the future. Who is it Lotus go to for discussions on clubs? This is because of our high profile and the fact that we are willing to go that extra mile.

If I had a 007 lookalike I'd be there like a shot. Imagine the amount of goodwill we can get from supporting our armed services? I know that there's a local event held at a local RAF Airfield where they set out a race circuit (like Top Gears) and let members of Pistonheads race their cars or just top speed test them.

IMHO the benefits from doing all the events we do far outweigh the costs.....and they'll cover the costs and get you in for a bloody good pee up! Imagine the potential benefits of knowing the top brass in the RAF!!!!

"The only expenses I want is a ride in a Tornado"....."Well that can be arranged".......comes out of dream.........

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

are you telling me that not one of our s1 owners/members here is prepared to help out in this instance????? i hang my head in disbelief... ask them if a red g turbo will do bibs and yes i have a black tie and know how to present myself at an official event (thanks dad!)

I can supply a blue stevens turbo if they want

PS. I used to work as a proffessional lookalike (no not telling who!) so have done plenty of corporate.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

This sounds like a great opportunity - and - as has been said - Mess Summer Balls are a hoot! (I was an officer in the RAF VR in a previous life).

Funnily enough - when we were doing the Classic and Sportscar shoot up on the Ridgeway - we had a bunch of Pongo's yomp past (that's members of the British Army fo those that aren't aware of that term :lol: and one made the comment - 'Another bl**dy Esprit - we've only just given one back after last weekends Bond bash' - so - looks like we're popular these days!

Sounds like Si has made the best offer... B)

I'd be up for it except mine's not the right colour either and my mother is very ill - so not making any plans for June at present. :P

Iain

Edited by Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Thanks for the offers guys, Iain I'm sorry to hear about your Ma and hope she's ok.

The 2 tickets have been confirmed, it's formal dress so tux/ball gown. Ideally it's a white s1 but if we don't get one in a couple of days I'll choose another, I hope that's ok and please don't think I'm being ungrateful, your offers are very much appreciated :lol:

Chris, Timmy Mallett? :P

Evora NA

it was the specs that gave it away

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hi

I have a white S3 turbo, the same as Paul from Melbourne Australia, if that any good to you.

C'mon Bibs... ask them to transport me and my car over in a Hercules!!!

It would be a blast!

:lol:

Paul - They said no, they only had Harriers available.

Thanks for the offers folks, much appreciated. We're sending Ken Baird up in his immaculate white S1 for the full Bond effect :)

Evora NA

Paul...you really wouldn't want to do Melbourne to Honington in an RAF Hercules...you'd be in no state for a Summer Ball after that!! As Iain said, they're one of the best social functions imaginable...but without the Mess Games!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

My car is the closest to the white Turbo Esprit used in the Bond 007 film "For Your Eyes Only". It was seen in the beginning of the film but was blown up by the baddies almost immediately. The car used in the film was the first prototype Turbo Esprit, and mine is the first production model in white colour.

Sorry to go slightly off topic but your car looks stunning Paul?

How did it end up down there? Was it originally a UK car or bought new from Oz?

More piccys required.....

Edited by nello