free hit
counters
People photographing your Esprit. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

People photographing your Esprit.

Hi,

The wife and I went to Framlingham Castle today for a day out, so it was a nice run out in the Esprit, covered about 100 miles in all. The only down side to the trip was they were stone chipping a section of road we travelled on, so wasn't too pleased with that, so came a different way home.

While we were at the castle, we were walking around the battlements, so we had a birds eye view of the car park. My wife Tracy was looking at the car park and asked if a certain area of the car park was where we parked the car, I replied yes. She then said she had just seen someone posing in front of my car and having his photo taken by a woman, before they left in their car.

I don't mind people taking photo's of my car, it just shows how special the Esprit is as a car. The car park was full of cars, some nice vehicles, new and more expensive than my Esprit, but it goes to show that the Esprit is something special to own. As we left the castle the kids had just knocked off school near by, I had the sunroof open and heard some say WOW! as I drove past. I love my Esprit! :lol:

Another time I had my car photographed was as I drove through Grantham, the wife and I were waiting at the traffic lights, we looked to the path to see a guy taking a photo of us with his phone. B)

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we went to the British GP last year, while travelling slowly in the queues to get in I lost count of the number of people taking photos of my car as they went past.

Today I was travelling the M6 Toll when a flash beemer appeared in the rear mirror. As he went past he slowed and both the driver and passenger had a good look.

At the Alexandra Palace car show last October we made an effort to let people sit in the cars and have their photos taken. It went down well with people because they were genuinely surprised that we woudl let them loose in the cars!!

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Hmmm someone went loose on my rear bumper last night....luckily with a key or something and not another car. Probably one of the bleedin Pongos or summit.

Dont mind looking, but ffs, even if it PAINS you to see such a nice car, dont touch !

facebook = [email protected]

Someone photographed mine at castle combe and then put the photo in a book,

some sort of sportscar buyers guide or something like that. Mark B tipped me off

and i had a look in waterstones and found it. Was about

I had a bunch of blokes (early 20's) get on their hands and knees worshiping my loti on a main road in broad daylight lol, then they came into my work (chiropody clinic) and asked what I do/sell as if the only way to afford one was to be either a drug lord or dealer in fine diamonds!

Don't mind anybody taking pics of the Esprit. (with the exemption of Gatso's) I would even encourage it. More than happy to let anybody have a sit in or even a passenger ride if asked nicely.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

i was parked next to a mclaren mercedes in asda one evening and had a woman ask if she could photo my esprit, when i pointed out the merc she said...oh no thats horrible.

i read a post where an american owner came back to his parked esprit and saw a guy running his hands all over the car .When he got to his car, it turned out that the guy was blind and was really a car nut. the blind guys companion spotted the esprit and took him to it. As all us esprit owners are genial chaps, he took the blind guy for a quick spin

Having a bright Orange Esprit I'm sure people see the colour coming before the car and so it is always a head turner, and photo op.

I am still amazed that people think an Esprit is so expensive that thaey could never afford one, I guess it's because they see supercars on programmes like Top Gear with phone numbers for prices and assume anything that looks like a supercar has a similar price tag. They are truly asstonished when I tell them that a mint Esprit can be had for the same price as a new Mondeo.

I went to the local Staples store the other week in the Esprit and when I came out 2 guys about my age were looking at the car, and I heard one say to the other "I've never seen one this close up before, amazing" makes you fell all warm inside.

1st time i was parked outside the sony center in mansfield when someone started taking pictures, found it a bit strange when i was still sat in the car, also people do it at night if i go through the town (especialy on a weekend evening) must be the beer, i do drive the s4 evert other day so its been seen quite alot around mansfield, but when i have gone to nottingham it tends to attract a lot of phone cameras.

It's Oogies turn to boogie

In 92 the wife and I took our newly acquired 89 Esprit out to California for the Pebble Beach car show and Monterey Historic races. On the way there we stopped in Palm Springs. Never having been there before we thought we would do a drive around to see how the upper half live. On the tour we came upon a gorgeous mediteranean stye home for sale. As we were sitting in the car looking at it one of the real estate people spotted us and came over to the car. She asked if we wouldn't mind parking the car out in front of the house so that they could use it in a photo to promote the sale.

Have to admit, that did feel pretty special.

When my wife got her 2005 elise it was amazing at how many arms came out of cars passing by with a cell phone taking a pcture. The bright orange paint job makes the car easy to spot.

Question, why do people have their photos taken, posing in front of cars that do not belong to them? Does that seem odd to anyone else?

my list is huge, at the amount of times this happens, the most recent that comes to mind where the 3 girls that came upto me when i was in a traffic jam on my way home and said "can we have a pic please" so 'in traffic' i get out and they get a passer by to take a pic LMAO, its the fame lol.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Happens alot. The strangest was within an jour of buying my car, I was driving it up the M1 toward home and a yellow "blinged" Seat pulled level with me at approx 70 mph. the driver put down the passenger window, leaned over and took a photo, all this at 70 mph.

It's good for the ego though.

Mine was parked outside my house the other night, I was in the garage and a couple walked by, they didn't know I was there. One said to the other, that nice, the other said I've seen a green one in town (Mr oogieboogie). Then they walked off saying bet it's worth a fortune!. If only they knew.

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

grrggg spotting (or how is it corretly called) its popular "sport" in Prague, many times i must use hard brakes, when some stupid adolescent well covered with parked cars on side, jumped with mobile in hands in front of my car.....i hate them.

but fun is with our country police (city police r idiots), they stop trafic on crossing only to take picture :P

Edited by SKY

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

As summer comes around ...out come the cameras. Everytime I am down the Jersey shore with the car the cameras are flashing. My friend brought his NSX down for the holiday weekend as well and last night we drove by the strip of bars and we had some flashers show us some boobs...I have to say they were nice! I guess the pictures will come during the day!

Jason

I was really taken back when I first bought the car. Within 15 minutes someone had pulled alongside and started snapping. By the end of the first week I was just about used to it.

Until driving through a tunnel on the A20 autoroute there was flash! Instinctively I lifted and glanced around expecting to spot some hidden speed camera and there he was, leaning out of the car in the next lane, camera in hand. :P

No boobies yet though :P

Happened twice in the last week!

Once I was at a petrol station and I saw the passenger in the next car looking at the car

Myself James and Martyn were hooning up to Donny this year when this car kept overtaking and slowing down. On their second pass I noticed the lady in the passenger seat was filming us on a Video Camera! What was really cool was that she was doing it for ages and then waved and drove off.

We had a similar experience on the way to Stoneleigh last year, the same 3 of us and this time it was the kid in the backseat!

Owen, if you like it filmed get you butt onto the Hethersett Community day post in AEG events and get your name down.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Driving through Bath city centre the other week with the window open I heard the most broad american accent

American man 'oh gee, the butlers taken my car out again'

His lass replied 'what car is it honey'

American man 'its a lotus, that is a lotus'....

It does make you smile... or another I always hear when driving around Bristol (think of a Vicky Pollard accent)

'see dat car...das my car dat is' :P

Myself James and Martyn were hooning up to Donny this year when this car kept overtaking and slowing down. On their second pass I noticed the lady in the passenger seat was filming us on a Video Camera! What was really cool was that she was doing it for ages and then waved and drove off.

We had a similar experience on the way to Stoneleigh last year, the same 3 of us and this time it was the kid in the backseat!

Think I remember the Stoneleigh one, but not the one on the way to Donny though are you sure she wasn't just filming you Kimbers :P

BTW have you seen the pic of us three in the Donny car park in the Club Lotus mag, I think Cliff's car is in the background as well. There also seems to be a stange pool of water emerging from James's rear end !

Martyn :P

Nope I haven't. You got a piccy? (Not of James's rear end, of the cars)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)