free hit
counters
MOT results in - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigsi

MOT results in

took thecar upto the testers today and they went over it with a fine toothcomb! i expected as much as he used to do my fairlady. he said the car may be running a little bit lean so toget the carbs done.

anyway after a good check over it was result time.

SHE ONLY WENT AND BLOODY PASSED WITH NO ADVISORIES!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We're not at all pleased then?!?! :P

All due credit to one fastidious owner; not forgetting the sterling work put in by Troy and the Project BigSi team :P

what surprisedme was at the last mot after the work was done the tester issued an advisory for the bushings on the front and a rear hub which simon tightened up, the test said " nothing wrong with those bushings" so when he said no advisories i was suprised as i told him prior tothe test about the advisory last year.

Tip top Si :P

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Top Banana.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Well done Si

Mine went in today as well.

Passed but needed a track rod end. Thought that was a fishing accessory but clearly I was mistaken

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Excellent, now get yourself over to Essex and sort my handbrake out!

I have my MOT soon

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

you know the old saying dont talk too soon... erm well. i went to take the car out this evening and got to the end of the drive!! car died and wouldnt start, checked plugs, ht leads etc nothing would fire up and then die every time, so i rang pete at pnm, i had already taken the coil box out and looked at it, put a meter on everything and it was ok, then after a few mins i too the ballast resistor actually off the fitting and found that one terminal had correded where the wire in the resistor connects. quick pull and wrap around the terminal reconnect and it fired up, put it all back together and take for drive, lose all power again, pull in thinking its the sdame thing, nope bloody king lead had come off dizzy, clipped it back on securely and alls fine again.

new resistor tomorrow and thats it.

i dont know.. bloody cars!!