free hit
counters
Just taken my last ever drive :( - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Just taken my last ever drive :(

Hi all,

On the Friday just gone, I took a 100mile drive to cambridge so a prospective buyer could view my car. Well he bought it!

As Nick kindly drove me to the nearest train station, I suddenly realised I had driven that beauty for the last time ever. It was a gutting feeling. :D

I'm really sad that she is gone now but I'm sure Nick will look after her.

Anyway, I wanted to say goodbye as an Esprit owner and wish Nick all the best. You bought a good car there mate.

I'll no doubt have a nosey look every so often, I'm sure.

All the best everyone,

John

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez.... Hope your OK man, that's so sad! On the other hand, Well done to Nick, he's really going to love cruising about in his new Esprit in this weather!!! hahaha sorry to rub slt in the wound but I'll be going through the same soon so keep me posted on how you deal with the loss and the depression that no doubt will go with it.

Chin up fella,

Mark :)

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Hi all,

It's not the 911. I don't like them. Except for the turbo :)

It's the Porsche Cayman. It will not be here until the first week of June now. :) So I don't even have that to cheer me up! :) Boo hoo.

John

Don't despair.

Back in 2004 I sold by Turbo HC.

I replaced it with a TVR Griffith, which was crap.

Then a Ferrari 328, which was fantastic, but didn't do much that the Esprit couldn't do for half the price.

So when I saw my old car for sale again I bought it back again.

So maybe it isn't the last time you will drive it....

Cheers,

Pat

Where about in Cambridge John as I live in this beautiful city. Don't need the exact address as I might not be able to resist taking a midnight test drive!!! I will keep a sharp look out.

Cheers

Brendan