free hit
counters
Norwich Esprit Owner - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
marvin

Norwich Esprit Owner

Hello,

I own a deep purple V8 Esprit that has been off the road for months while I poured my cash into boring things like landscape gardening and buying new floors for my house. Eventually all this wasteful spending came to a head as I gazed forlornely at my neglected Esprit, so I decided to get her booked in at Lotus Sport where Glenn and Roland have been getting her roadworthy again. I also took the opportunity to do a couple of extra bits like powder coating the plenum cover and other bits and bobs. Anyhoo, she should be ready sometime next week and I am keen to get back into the Esprit community. I have been away so long I had failed to notice the emergence of the AEG. Is there aseperate site with details of membership/meets/events etc etc....or have I missed the point!?

Anyway - would be nice to hook up with some other Lotus owners for a pint now and then.....someone who understands it all - please explain!

Thanks,

Chris.

Norwich, Norfolk.

AEG-banner.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Chris, you just missed one great event.

The near drowning of 2 AEG members trying to re-fit an engine to an Esprit outside. Yes we were doing that outside yesterday.

The next event is over in Hetherset, it's a charity event, so please do come along and, even if you're not able to bring the car, come and say Hi.

The thread link is

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=16477

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I have already signed up for the Hetherset event and the deep purple V8 will be there as long as Roland at LotusSport has finished playing with it.

Looking forward to it.

Chris.

AEG-banner.jpg

Hi Chris and welcome to the Mighty AEG!! More members are always welcome :) Keep an eye on the thread now you know of its excistance for some great events. We are growing in number all the time and its quite common to have ten or more attendees on our monthly meets! A really nice bunch of guys and gals (and the occassional toddler) good banter, good food, fine ale and great company!

I will see you soon!

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi Chris, welcome back.

You could be our first V8 Esprit owner in the AEG, I know Brian has attended occasionally with the Lotus V8. We do have an official AEG logo that you may have seen, and I do have a few left to put in your car if you so wish. Welcome to the group. :)

Owen.

Hey again matey. You are always welcome. I'll give Rowland a visit on Friday when I'm at the factory and take a looksee at your motor if it's still there. Always eager to meet up for a chat anytime the weather is nice. I've been popping round Andy's house but he's always asleep or under a car!

So next time the weathers nice on a weekend and you feel like a hoon PM me the day before and we can meet up for a chat and to add to global warming!! B)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Kimbers that's not true.

Well, maybe just a bit.

I was supposed to be preparing the ground for the concrete pad, but have been sleeping quite a lot today. I'm shattered as I spent Saturday removing big heavy slabs and doing the groundwork, yesterday 12hours round Simon's on his car, now it's catching up on me.

Shoulda come to Castle Coombe it's getting boring just being me and James at the big events! Then you coulda been sunburnt just like me! :(

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Chris,

Welcome back. Good to see that the AEG is growing. Looking forward to seeing your V8 when you get it back, hope the bill is'nt too big :) I'm sure it will be O.K. See you at the Hethersett meet.

Regards

Graeme.

Thanks for the friendly response guys - looking forward to seeing you at Hetherset.

Chris.

AEG-banner.jpg

And you will Matey as I've just come from Lotus Sport where they told me that your car will be ready Tuesday for you to collect. Call Rowland on Monday when he gets back from Holiday.

Oh, by the way.....Please clean it! You'll see my finger marks on the dirt at the front (I had to check the colour as it's a murky Browny grey colour at present!)

:)

Thanks Kimbers - I will be treating it to a damned good polishing on Tuesday!

AEG-banner.jpg

I can see this thread going the same way as the one on "My car is my lover".

Does that mean there's another car in AEG that's at least as dirty mucky covered in dust as mine?

Don't be silly. thats just rediculous.............. :)

I just want to point out that it's not dirt on Andy's car! Its a high tech NASA developed protective film! And thats not mildew on his seats, its the next cure for AIDS being cultivated!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'd also like to point out that my car will offer very stiff opposition in the competition for the dirtiest car ... you can take your pick from the dusty Esprit, filthy 7 or muddy Land Rover.

Will be polishing the 7 tomorrow (having fixed the oil pressure sender problem this afternoon) in time for Hethersett.

Currently struggling to find a second driver to get both cars there !!

Keep off the straight and narrow

Ask Buddsy, he's coming but his car is still off the road.

IF my Esprit is ready on Friday - I will spend the rest of the day scraping the silt off it ready for Saturday.

Hi Chris, welcome back.

You could be our first V8 Esprit owner in the AEG, I know Brian has attended occasionally with the Lotus V8. We do have an official AEG logo that you may have seen, and I do have a few left to put in your car if you so wish. Welcome to the group. :devil:

Owen.

Owen,

Would love an AEG logo for the car. How do I get one?

Thanks,

Chris.

AEG-banner.jpg

OK....I'm getting wrestless waiting for my Esprit to be ready....had a few false starts now!

Just called Lotus Sport as she was supposed to be ready for collection at 1500hrs today.... She developed a misfire minutes before the MOT, so missed it. Now the guys are stripping the engine again to investigate and I won't get her back until.....who knows!

My patience is growing thin...the joys of Esprit ownership!

:blush:

AEG-banner.jpg

Sign in to follow this