free hit
counters
Close up pictures of the bonnet hinges - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Coleman

Close up pictures of the bonnet hinges

Does anybody have any close up pictures of the bonnet hinges on a series 1 please? I'm trial fitting my bonnet and I can't see how the hinges attach to the car!! Mine don't seem long enough and they look as though you need to space them somehow - should that be done with nuts or washers?

Thanks, Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Paul

The hinges are different depending on whether it

Don't know if it helps but on my S2 the rods that the hinges rotate around also act as the hinges for the inside of the headlamp pods, One long rod with a split pin at either end fastens throgh the inside of the headlamp pod and the bonnet hinge too.

Hope I'm making sense......................

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Well just to complicate issues I have the single motor hinges but my car has been modified to be a twin motor system. When I got the car both hinges were not fixed to the bonnet as the fibreglass bonnet fixings were both broken and missing. So I've re-fibreglassed a couple of slots into the bonnet on both sides but when I fit the hinges they are a mile out. I'm not even sure I've got the right pin in the correct side as one of my hinges is missing the part which slots into the bonnet :)

Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

I can get some picts this weekend. Also, you do know that the bonnet of an S1 should only be raised with the headlight pods down. They will crash into the bonnet if left up. the S2 hinges are completely different.

Dom Giangrasso

1977 S1 Esprit - Lagoon Blue

Another member sent me some pictures last night so I'm okay now thanks. I didn't realise they hit the pods so thanks for the tip!!

Cheers, Paul.