free hit
counters
Throttle cable - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday! Pity about the weather.........

Does anyone have a pic of what the throttle cable attaches to on the engine before it gets to the carbs. Infact anyone with a engine picture would be helpful. Car is an S2.

Thanks

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my USA-spec car with Stromberg carburetors, there is a steel bracket that fits under the middle nut on the inlet cam cover. This is used to anchor the throttle cable which comes up to the throttle linkage from underneath. When I operate the throttle, the outer cable pushes against the linkage on the carburetor as the end of the cable is restrained by the bracket on the cam cover.

I think some cars have the cable come over the engine from the exhaust side to the bracket against which the outer cable goes. The inner continues across and down to the carburetor linkage.

Here's a picture of the engine which may help.

P1200033.jpg">

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Might get the manual out then at the weekend and see how its supposed to be routed. I wonder why the PO routed it that way then?

The car is with Steve at SJ Sportscars this week so I could ask him to have a look for me. Mind you, funds are tight!

Thats a very tight bend / kink by the fastening - I'd be surprised if that didn't give you a problem with light throttle driveability- the return spring aint that powerfull.

Guess the PO couldn't work out how to put it back together so used the 'traditional' approach. (ie how you used to fasten bike brakes etc. on the old sturmey archer equipped raleigh ....)