free hit
counters
Wastegate Removal - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
claimchaser

Wastegate Removal

Well folks,I have had a problem under hard acceleration and have been pointed in the direction of the wastegate as the culprit.Fine,I have taken off the diaphragm cover,spacer and spring.All looks fine.Now I have loosened the two nuts that attach the rest of the wastgate to the manifold along with the pressure line and it will not budge?The nuts and line came off with no problem but the unit itself will not budge.Any ideas as to what is holding it on? Is this just part of the seized problem I have read so much about ? Or is there something within the wastgate holding it on? I hate to beat on it with a hammer and chisel if something else is attaching it.

Never mind,I have remove it from it's home.Only ti find that it wasn't sticking at all.The only problem I can see is that the gasket to the manifold had a leak.I will replace the gasket(if I can find one) and see if the problem was somehow solved or not.

Car Lover,,at least thats how the report read.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This is the stevens tech room.

What are your symptoms?

Bear in mind that the casting you are talking about is obsolete, so proceed with caution. If you are then refering to the gasket between the iron wastegate casting and the auxiliary manifold, this wont have any effect whatsoever on the function of the wastegate, it simply stops the manifold leaking exhaust fumes (and presumably acts as an insulator).

cheers Steve

Under closer inspection,the wastgate diaphragm has a hole in it.So parts are on the way and I should be mobile again soon.

Well the deed is done and,,,,,YES she is back on the road again!!!! It cost me $350.00 for parts from the dealership,but at least they had them! Thanks to all for you help and guidance.I hope to tackle charging the A/C next time I am home,but for now I am going for another test ride!