free hit
counters
Goodwood Breakfast Club - Sunday 1st June - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gghc87

Goodwood Breakfast Club - Sunday 1st June

Anyone up for this, same format as before we can meet at the Goodwood Marriot car park then go in as a group. Can also have a pre-meet prior for those not local to Goodwood.

see link breakfast club

list you interest below please, thanks

1: Cliff (GGHC87)

Please also read this important notice:

All attendees must check their insurance policies to make sure that they are fully covered for travelling with similar cars in convoy. Some policies do specify that this isn't allowed, so better safe than sorry, check.

To be clear anyone intending to join this strictly non-competitive meet up, does so entirely at there own risk. Please insure that at all times you operate within the highway code and the laws of the land

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes please!

2. Gavin (Gavman) - 1991 Esprit SE Blue

Gavman

Lotus Esprit Turbo Chargecooler SE 1991

I have registered for it, but will depend on weather

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

3. Andy ( AJJ205) - subject to management approval- Permission now granted.

Edited by ajj205

3. Andy ( AJJ205) - subject to management approval-

4. Chris (red vtec) - subject to weather

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

5. Andrew (obione) - hopefully no snow this time...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Must...resist...must...not...give in...

Nnnnnnnng

5. Andrew (obione) - hopefully no snow this time...

6. Gary (sparky) - management may actually accompany this time

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Ok here's the plan

8.10 am arrive Goodwood Marriott car park to meet up with the locals then straight into Goodwood which is 3 / 5 minutes from the hotel.

goodwoodmarriott.jpg

I understand that this event is now very popular and to get into the paddocks ( which fill up by 8.30am) we need to get there early or we will end up in the overflow car parks.

I have spoken to Goodwood and they have asked anyone wanting to eat breakfast on the morning then can they please pre registar. Please click on the link below to do so.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/bre...gistration.aspx

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Any problems post here or PM me.

Cliff

Here is the address of the hotel:

Marriott Goodwood Park Hotel and Country Club

Chichester

West Sussex

England

PO18 0QB

I will be relying on the mighty TOMTOM to get me there

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

For TOM TOM users navigate to the following Latitude / Longitude coordinates

N 50 52' 2.91 (the first number ie 50 is degrees)

W 0 43' 56.87

the poi on tom tom for the goodwood marriott is slightly out and does not show the car park entrance point instead locating to the golf course at the rear of the hotel. The coordinates above will take you to the main entrance. Which is in 'New Barn Hill'

Cliff

Coming down from Watford - how about plans/times for a meet to hoon down?

Coming down from Watford - how about plans/times for a meet to hoon down?

Gary, Gavin, Chris & Andy

Suggest meet at the Esso garage at Milford, Surrey. Its on the A283 just off the A3 . From there its a great drive through Petworth and over the southdowns.

Its about 45 minutes to Goodwood from Milford so suggest meet at 7.15am (to leave at 7.20am sharp) so we can get to the marriott by 8.10pm.

Coordinates are

N51

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

I can meet up with you guys as you pass through Petworth - you will need to drive through the square and I can park up there as there is plenty of parking. I am guessing you will pass through around 0730.

Andrew

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

perfect.

See you there

Cliff

Suggest meet at the Esso garage at Milford, Surrey. Its on the A283 just off the A3 . From there its a great drive through Petworth and over the southdowns.

Reckon I can find that, see you bright and early.

Andy

Thanks for heads up Cliff, would love to come, will see what time my train is, as I am flying back to Scotland from Gatwick Sun late PM. And Dianne is away doing a sponsored cycle ride for the 'Help the Heroes' cycle to Londone this weekend.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Thanks Cliff, see you there at Esso, just to be on the safe side I will aim for 7am.

Sparky (on anyone else passing by) if you want to meet me on your way down I am 10 seconds off the M25 (you will be passing me)

See you all tomorrow!

Cheers

Gavman

Edited by gavman

Gavman

OK chaps - looking good. Wife has decided to stay in bed so bringing my buddy Chris with me.

Gav - aiming to be with youi at 0630! My mobile is 07919285631.

Thanks for dropping by Sparky and Chris. Nice ride down and seeing the others too. Nice n sweet sound through Petsworth town.

And thanks Cliff for arranging the get together.

Look forward to next week!

Gavman

Was good to meet you all, thanks to Cliff for organizing meeting up. Will try and put a few pics up later.

Amateurs built the Ark

:lol:

DSCF1457.jpg

Cliff

Looks like a good day!

Bu**er - I missed it - away Friday/Sat at Mother-in-laws so been out of the loop...

But - she lives in Milford - I could have taken the Esprit - stayed an extra night - and come out to play this am.

Oh well.

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Yup - another great hoon, well orchestrated by Cliff - thanks!

Lots of fun stuff there, and a good impromptu flying display too. My buddy Chris really enjoyed himself, and I got to add another couple of faces to names.

Chris and I took lots of pics - and Chris got some video too. He'll throw our combined media on his website and I'll post a link here.

Petworth was fun - loads of noise! I bet the villagers love that on a Sunday morning.

Thanks to Gav & Claire for their hospitality on the way back. Gav - looking forward to our first Esprit working party. :lol:

Sign in to follow this