free hit
counters
[SOLD] 1996 V8 for sale - Cars/Parts for sale - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

[SOLD] 1996 V8 for sale

A friend of mine is selling his 1996 V8 Esprit. He's had Esprits for 18 years now and fancies a change so here's your chance to own this beautiful car.

It's a 1996, one of the cars produced as company cars for the Bugatti directors so was originally LHD however it's been converted to RHD and a MPH speedo fitted. The old KPH speedo is present with 15k on it so the car has covered less than 30,000 miles in total. A set of carpets is required to complete the interior but other than that the car is perfect.

Liner work has been done, a recent (days ago) cam belt change carried out. I've known the owner of this car and the car for a couple of years and personally vouch for it, you may have seen this car in my pics of Le Mans last year. Cliff is a superb driver and looks after his cars with the utmost care. He's a professional master mechanic, has built Esprit's to race (including V8 engines for them) and in fact has worked on other V8's in a professional capacity. This car is mint.

Priced at

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick's '98 V8-GT was R851 GHO.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Buy a nice S4 Mat I happen to have one that I could sell you........... :lol:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Think its always good to get good Esprits on LEF/LEW for sale first so we can always have first look.

However, IMO If that is put on Pistonheads at that price, would be gone in 24 hours.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It's priced for a very quick sale so will be on PH shortly. First dibs to my LEF pals though. :lol:

Evora NA

Look just all get together and buy it for me, it's my birthday soon and I won't be to upset if you give me that. B)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

WOW ! never seen an '96 who has still spare wheel, car jack and toolbox fitted in place... . Nice and shiny 13500 pound? That's close to 17k Euros, Man ! best thing is i cancel my studies and get a job as soon as possible..

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 months later...
Think its always good to get good Esprits on LEF/LEW for sale first so we can always have first look.

However, IMO If that is put on Pistonheads at that price, would be gone in 24 hours.

i guess i have quite a bit of experience having sold 2 esprits in the last year.....but (and i hope i'm wrong - dont get me wrong) unless there is someone with the money just waiting around for that particular car, its still a buyers market....and i think you would all (unfortunately :P ) be very surprised at how difficult it is to shift even such a good looking (if u like green) and great value, well looked after car.......

we are few and far between us esprit fanatics i'm afraid......

anyway good luck to ur buddy Bibs in selling his motor...hope it turns out good for him.... :)

((in fact it occurs to me i've sold 4 esprits over the years now :( and what a folly all of them....thing is its all i really want and all i'll ever want short of winnning the lottery etc...off to sulk now sry))

Edited by GasketsGone

Cheers - jim

sold my SE turbo for 1,5 times that price 2 month's ago

would like a V8 but don't like green and don't fancy a RHD

owned an e-type RHD once. driving fast sitting below zero is a big problem

unbelievable the prices nowaday's

rens

Edited by rens914

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

is it really an 'transformed' LHD car !? As it looks as if there was never an hole drilled for wiper-motor mounting points, relay section and so on... .

Or was that all 're-laminated' and over-sprayed !?

Anyway, imagine -as the pound does fall into the deepness ->17k Euros (or less :respect: ) for an V8 !

Edited by G

• 6 months later...

Bibs told us last week or so -car is still available.

*streetz* ??? Hey, is a small world :)

But notice: My carport is full with my own V8, and i have now an wrecked Elise S1 together with the Esprit. So not much space in the garden left ... . :)

And by the way, we need an steering rack, dashboard, pipes & hoses , some reweld work on the frame and other bits and pieces to [re]transform that car into an *Berlin ready* LHD boy-racer :)

Edited by G