free hit
counters
Looking for a ferrari replica? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lince

Looking for a ferrari replica?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Its a good thing they have written in big letters what its supposed to be as you would never have guessed by looking at it. :(:(

That Enzo looks spot on......... its well wicked.......how do they get away with it being such a close match?

Might have overcooked it with the rear spoiler but I reckon the original should have had a bigger one anyway. :(

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

I was driving through Alaska in the middle of nowhere in my FJ40 and spotted a Ferrari 250 with faded paint next to some shack about a 1/4 mile off the road parked on a grassy flat amongst some trees.

My pulse was racing, as I knew the tales of finding gems owned by clueless folks who needed money desperately.

I pull in slowly as to not act excited, and casually walk up to my prize..................

As soon as I got within about 10 feet...........................

Kit car on a 240Z platform.

Middle of nowhere Alaska again, waaay off the road sits a 356 Porsche, no paint, but rust free. I walk up to the shack, noting the 4 wheel disc brakes...............I casually knock.

How much for that old car? I don't know what it is, but I like the shape........

$10,000 was the quick reply, remember this was years ago, when $3000.00 would have been pushing it.

West Virginia coal mining town, middle of nowhere again. On a mountain pass looking down I spy a gorgeous old Jag......learned my lesson by then and didn't stop.

But, back on kit cars. I only give a pass to a few.

Theres a deep gorge we used to dive a few years ago off Branscombe bay.........that s where that wreck should be found? :(

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

They should be thrown in gaol for what they've done to whatever ugly car it was before.

Wonder whether they get to keep the rego plates as well...

'ima loser'

;-)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

The 250 GTO I could just about live with but that Enzo :(

The whole point of a replica means it should at least in some way look like the original - even just a bit!

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I kinda feel bad for the "Enzo" guy. He obviously spent a ton of time and money on that eyesore. He could have purchased something real and put effort into it.

There are crazy people with money, that is proof positive. Poor guy.

"Featured in the movie 13 Million", let me guess......it belongs to the Ninja hero or the villian terrorist/drugdealer/warlord/all of the above in some grade B flick. Must rent.

10 bids? Buddies or drunks? maybe both?

Edited by Erzulis Boat

believe it or not there is actually an Italian Replica Car Club. i saw their club stand at the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show last month. The club is mostly made up of Countach replicas with a smatering of MR2 based 355's & 360's, Datsun 240z based 250GTO's and Daytona Spyder reps. Most are fairly good and would fool most of the gen public. However I know for a fact from my days with kit cars some of these things like the Countach's cost upwards of 50K to put together, surely buy a real one.

The enzo has 31 bids now and has reached the $14,100 mark. :lol: I don't believe it... but good on him I suppose. Someone must like it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I am in the boat... I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!! How can that be an enzo?? Sweet jesus!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.