free hit
counters
new eagle and esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Antiques

new eagle and esprit

Guest Antiques

After hearing a zonda s engine fire into life ,wow what a sound!It made me wonder what will the new Esprit sound like.It certainly is part of the supercar exsperience to have a rorty sounding engine.I think the Eagles sound will be more subjued befitting its 2plus 2 seat ,and the type of buyer lotus will try and attract,any thoughts ?James/antiques

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

it will sound as loud as the country which has the lowest noise regulations, as the car will be build to satisfiy all markets, aftermarket products may be available to enhance the sound if you want

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I think that the EU limit for noise 'emissions' is 84dB.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

your confusing sound and noise guys.... sound doesn't need to be loud.... great sounds.. V12 most sond amazing, Ferrari 360 challenge stradale.. awesone!!!!! Ferrari 430 sounds cool, Diablo sonds great on full chat as is a V12.. To improve sound use full throttle bodies and tuned exhaust.... gives a throaty induction roar as it gulps down the air.. that's why the 4 pot esprit can sound so good, mine sounds amazing!

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

noise and sound very subjective subject, one persons throaty roar is anothers noisey nuisance on the road outside their house

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Howard is 100% correct. They will make it to comply with the tightest noise levels of any country they intend to export to. I believe that may be California, but may be wrong as I think Singapore/Hong Kong are pretty strict on noise, not to mention Japan.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I think that the EU limit for noise 'emissions' is 84dB.

I wish someone would tell that to the bikers that fly past my house every sunday on their way over holm moss and snake pass. They shake the light bulbs from the sockets some days!

Howard is 100% correct. They will make it to comply with the tightest noise levels of any country they intend to export to.

My GT3 (Standard Lotus exhaust system) sounds like a Ford Fiesta :cheers:

I'm not looking for a loud exhaust but a more sporting sound would be a good thing..... hope they get that right on the new cars :unworthy:

Wish they'd keep it a flat plane V8, love the bark, but I think not... 'Course pundits were heard panning the sound of the Lotus flat plane V8 and going giddy over the [email protected] :cheers:

Flat plane V8? Don't set your sights so low.

The wide X24 configuration of the new Esprit will sound fantastic, and the four turbos will help keep the sound pressure levels within limits. :cheers:

Got to say not overly impressed with the standard exhaust note from my V8. Its kind of what I would call OK but nothing out of the ordinary really. Car doesn't really burst into life with that wow factor growl noise that you would expect from a V8.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Car doesn't really burst into life with that wow factor growl noise that you would expect from a V8.

That 'growl' factor comes from having an odd-pulse blatting out the same bank on every other cycle... Gimme a flat-crank v8 over some magenta-neck 90

Time to wind the administrator up. :rolleyes: . Imperator Phh :thumbsup:

your confusing sound and noise guys

Very true, after all Bibs car is loud, but that doesn't say anything about how it sounds :evil:

Oh well. My last post I guess. I'm about to get banned or modded.

Buy it and stick 20kgs of exhaust back on then, dare ya... :rolleyes:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bosal, also a member of this forum, is in the OEM exhaust business. They are developing the exhaust for the new Lotus (he won

Factory sound is one thing... flow Master, Tubi, Capristio, and Ansa are another. However, you still have to start with a good sound and as much as I love Lotus... they have never topped the exotic market for sound (niether has Toyota). Still, with some after market stuff, The 4 pot Esprit was/is good with it's grumbly grumbly gurgling followed by a zippy rev. But it is no Porsche or Ferrari. Strange as it was to me, the first time I ever heard a V8 it sounded like two 4 pots parked next to each other. I thought it was a fluke or something. Then later I found that it was not a fluke... all of the V8 Esprit cars I have heard to sound like two 4 pots. THAT has got to be some sort of master design process?! It is actually kinda cool, but I love Lotus cars and the average guy would think it sounds 'okay'. The 355 and 360 Ferrari cars with non OEM muflers and exhust sound great...not the OEM. The Diablo comes from the factory sounding like a Buick your granny would drive. It is horrible. After market is a MUST for this car!

So no real fears if you get some after market stuff... unless you expect a Lotus to sound like a Zonda. I doubt it will.

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark