free hit
counters
North East Esprit get together - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

North East Esprit get together

Loose Cannon

I tell you what that wasn't a bad turnout for a first try!

The weather threatened big time but only pissed down as we were leaving (Andy and Pat braved the H2O :) , they'll be cleaning for a week). The reaction the cars got was loads better when arriving in force

Not much time to chat to everyone really as there was a bit to see and everyone was a bit new, but a good start to NELEG or whatever its called

Edited by britten_mark

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who ya calling Chicken! We came , we saw, we got wet. Behold! NEEG is born this day.

16ld0g3.jpg

28guk8y.jpg

dnejra.jpg

awxbmg.jpg

4ntkm.jpg

Link to a smaller meet several weeks before at South Shields; http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...st&p=168416

Edited by Andy_A

Current menagerie;
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2017 (Thinking man's sports tourer)

BMW X3 35D M Sport 2015 (Thinking man's chelsea tractor)

Toyota Hilux Invincible 2007 (Thinking man's mud plugger)

Lotus Esprit V8 1996 (Thinking man's thinking destroyer)

Absolutely gutted I missed this...when's the next meet and where we going??? Eh eh eh???

:2guns::2guns::wallbash:

Well done Andy on taking yer car out in the rain... :respect:

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

well done guys onwards and upwards...NEEG or NELEG?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

@Hippo: You were missed!

@Howard: I'd prefer NEEG, but hey, let's put it to a poll....

@Semi42: There was a lot of interest in the cars, as you'd expect, but where we were parked was on the periphery of the main event, virtually out of sight. So it was a gentle passing of onlookers, I'd say.

@ Oneshot: Why were we parked in disabled bays? Well. I, er, we, that is, um... Hmmm. But if we... Meh. Okay. Pass. We're just way BAD, man. Yes.

The weather was pretty dire, and normally I wouldn't be seen out in the Lotus. It was, however, the inaugural meeting of NEEG (or whatever), and therefore a one-off. But what a job I had cleaning both the Lotus and my Honda Blackbird (which I had to put out in the rain to get the Lotus out of the garage!). Life, eh?

Edited by Andy_A

Current menagerie;

My cleaning involved; *parking the car in the garage and setting the dehumidifier to MAX*

I did feel a little guilty about parking in the benefits sponge disabled bays :D , but if we hadn't done it someone else would.

After once confronting some vigilante crutch-jockey who could barely restrain himself from scratching my car (for being literally 1" over the yellow lines) :animier: I am a bit edgey about it!

Well it's the NOrthern Lotus Esprit Group..therefore NOLEG or just plain old LEGLESS... :lol:

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

• 4 weeks later...

I'll go if there's a few of us...

:thumbup:

If it dries up, anyone fancy meeting up this weekend?

@ Hippo; If the sun splits the trees(!), maybe Sunday (13th).

Current menagerie;

So Andy phones me up this evening...'Oi Hippo, get yer bony behind down to my house, I've found an Esprit owner who lives just round the corner from me...we're gonna call on him'

So i jump in the car and we go to this guy's house...we knock on the door and some old curmudgeon answers who then threatens to throw us off his property after having the nerve to ask for 'Dave'

We spend the next 3 hours driving round South Shields looking for this guy's house all to no avail...then a stroke of luck...Andy spots a mate and believe it or not, he knows this bloke...turns out we went to the right street originally, just the wrong house...

We pull up again outside Victor Meldrew's house again and a lady runs out of the house opposite and tells us it's the house next door to Victors we want...success...!!! I won't say what was in the double garage, but i nearly cried...stunning!! Oh and there was an Esprit as well... :lol:

Andy...i can't believe there has been another Esprit within 200 yards of your gaff and you didn't know...lol

Well done on sorting out the meeting area m8...it's a really nice place with a cracking view!! :)

...and after you left, on my way home, I spun the car and hit a fence backwards. This is gonna cost me mega

Current menagerie;

Oh f***...Where was this? Is there much damage? Gutted for you m8...

Funnily enough just where I met you earlier. The aerofoil's knackered, the rear bumper's shot, and one of the exhaust pipes is pushed back. I'll be booking it to F1 for a quote. I'd post a pic, but I can't bare to look at it. I just hope there's no hidden damage!

Current menagerie;

Any news Andy?

No news yet folks. Still licking my wounds, and trying to get the enthusiasm back. I will get it fixed, just can't bare to look at it at the mo. Thanks for your interest guys.

Current menagerie;

• 2 weeks later...

The Metrocentre meet is on again this next Wednesday evening, anybody fancy a catch up?

I have got Brian Angus' OK for a little get together/guest lecture late September/early October, and a probable venue of the Ravensworth Arms in Gateshead. Would be good to get suggestions/input.

• 8 months later...

Now I'm back on the road; anyone interested in a little meet at Marsden on the coast? I know the owner of a little cafe there. He's got a Morgan (so he...Understands...). They have a nice car park, and it's on farmland. He's okayed the meet, just the date to sort out. If there's no feedback, me an' Hippo'll set a date and post it here.

Current menagerie;

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.