free hit
counters
imobiliser fob lost by wife and its the only one i have - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

imobiliser fob lost by wife and its the only one i have

hello everyone, well my wife has lost my imobiliser fob and its the only one i have, car is about 4miles from home, would i be best phoning the insurance or just getting a alarm guy to disable it for now? any help would be great

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're best to cal an Autoelectrician. Though beware as to what it will immobilise as you immobilise it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Interesting, I don't have a key fob for my S4. Did the car come with one originally? Mine was built in October (US Spec - has airbag on passenger side, but not Brembos) My key currently arms the alarm with a secondary twist.

2 X the fun!

Nose.jpg

i think it was added later, so when i bought it i got a fob, it immoblises but not sure if it alarms it as i have never heard it go off, no airbags or brembos although i cant seem to find the certificate or hand book that came with it, can never find something when you need it most

still have the vw polo so i should be ok, but thanks for teh offer Mark . the guy that i know that does alarms is on holiday all week (life just gets better and better) so i will have to phone someone he has reccommended and see if i can sort something out tomorrow, think its an aftermarket item a sigma. im sure that its covered on my insurance but teh

Mark i was in Northhampton today pitty you couldent have arranged for me to pick up the heater part you needed.

all the best

Thanks for the offer, but Matt didn't have the right bit I wanted. Sorry thought I'd PM'd you that.

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

thanks for the advice, not sure if the breakdown was on the insurance policy i took out, i think it was, i will be checking through this in the morning, car is only 4 miles away an in a lit area and no danger to anyone so should be ok as i have removed the stereo front and anything else that wasent nailed down

It's a different alarm on my SE (Audioline IIRC), but there's a hidden arming switch by the front fusebox on a flying lead. My remote blipper stopped working last year, so I've turned it off and just use the keys now. I plan to have the alarm replaced - it's SO uncool having to fumble with door keys!

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

well i have a guy whos been reccomended to me that will doing a number on the immobiliser possibley later today if not 1st thing in the morning. i will see if he can scan it and add a fob or just kill it and put something else in as long as its not too steep. i will also try to see what he is doing in case anyone else has the same misfortune as me

all the best

well my wife lost it so would sub-human error be covered?

Pretty sure it's an 'Act of God'

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

well i married her so ... human error, when she reads this i think the immobiliser will be the least of my problems perhaps getting the immobiliser out of the orrafice its crammed into maybe the next tech question

hello everyone, well my wife has lost my imobiliser fob and its the only one i have, car is about 4miles from home, would i be best phoning the insurance or just getting a alarm guy to disable it for now? any help would be great

get an auto-technician to get it solved and replace the wife :lol:

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

• 2 weeks later...

1.wife lost your fob

2.fob loss ruled as act of god

therefore: wife = god.

~ use this logic to avoid a future tech post involving imobilizers and orrafices! :blush:

congrads on getting it running again btw !

Edited by ninja6485