free hit
counters
MOT problems - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jukka

MOT problems

I had problems in annual MOT, emissions was out of limits. Measuringrod was in right side, no results from left side. There was some small leaks between cats and exhaust, so I fixed leaks.

Then I had an idea to take results from left side. We made new measurements from left side, and results was good, under limits. I got a document that emissions are ok. Today I went again to MOT station with this document. They believed my document and MOT is OK :lol:

So now I have year time to fix cats!

Now I think that left hand cat is gone. I've noticed a small rattling noise expecially in right side.

Just wondering my cats, are they genuine Lotus parts or not. My exhaust is made in Arvin exhaust and it is for drag use only. Not sure about exhausts manufacturer, because dirty and some corrosion. My car is quite noisy but I have learnt to like that sound.

So thinking about new cats and exhaust. I have read your comments before and found Larini. Is there other alternatives?

What about Lotus sport exhaust compared with Larini? Price? Sound?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The obvious web sites to check are www.pukesprit.de and www.espritperformance.co.uk

In regards to cats I'm tempted to go to a local exhaust/cat fabricator and have them make a set for me.

Regards,

Peter.

if you want an difference of some Euros than compare PUK with R&B (as it is nearly the same products). And if you still want your 'ARVIN' badges (with less money than the other options) -than do what i have done and refit round cats of 95 [and 120] mm in your existing exhaust parts . You can find them in various types in the www. -> ebay: Rennkat, 200cell catalyst, stainless exhaust, stainless catalyst ...

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..