free hit
counters
Looking for Ferrari enthusiast - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sky_cz

Looking for Ferrari enthusiast

I will add that my experience has been the same with ferrari owners. Most of them do classify you. If you can only afford a 308/328/348... you're poor and shouldn't be allowed... the lotus Esprit causes the same feeling from the ferrari drivers untill I catch them in the corners and out-handle them in the rain... and when I race a lower level ferrari and kick it's butt with a 4 cylinder their respect does get better. The other thing that I will caution you about is that the valvetrain in the 355 is horrible. It is my understanding that they are in the shop more for valve work then for clutches... and we all know how ferrari's are with clutches. On the topic of the clutch... it's a twin-plate like the V8 esprit... so equally as expensive to purchase.... but a lot easier to install (6-8 bolts accessed at the back of the transmission and the whole clutch assembly comes off... very very smart design) The 348 is also quite slow in comparison. The only reason I would own a 348 is the appearance of the car and the appearance of the engine bay -- a work of art compared to the 4 cylinder esprit.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

oh yes, here is one exige, but on other side of country:) and as i know in prague is one elise, but never saw it, but i ve heard, thats car ve 5th or 6th owner in few years, so mby is there some big problem, and las lotus is close to prague, old elite, yes people with oldtimers r cool

gunter - aaa ja, aber i habe viele vergessen:)

--------------------

yes u all ve right ferrari is for posers, i ve never met some on street ( i mean new ones), only parked in front of some pub garden and ownes in red tshirts watched as "hoi polloi making hand job passing their cars", yes i traced up that the ownes ve different classification of life, but only with new "puffed" models, sorry but i hate new ferrari design, i met in downtown old dino, and thats fantastics, owner ve no problem to talk few hours:))) other day owner of 365 was friendly, thats what u said, old ones r out off ferrari community, and new posers ve no idea thats some of old ve much higher value that their new scuderia.

Edited by SKY

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

Sky, what i can remember from the comparison was that the Ferrari does look better (inside and outside) and sounded great. He has also the stiffer AntiRollBar system, but the overal performance of the Sport350 was good enough to win the test against the F355. And that in an German Magazine, known for theire jokes about GB cars and with all that Ferrari High class Image in the world press !

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Sky, if you want to be part of the corwd, buy that 348 ; if you want to stand out of the crowd keep your Esprit !

In fact, the one and only reason I bought my Lotus is becaus I'm fond of it since I was a teenager ... a boy's dream that became true.

I don't give a *$%

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

BTW,..., my neighbor had a 355, now owns a Testarossa, he sais that the 355 had awful problems with the cams.

He found that most of the 355 had this problem, so by occasion he picked up the Testarossa and loves life now.....

Personally, I have never driven one.....

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

gorgeous car, Testarossa, I know 2 people who have one ; bit crappy things (Fiat-quality switches etc) but really lovely car !

Downside : really expensive for maintenance : 10.000 EUR for C-service !

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

the F355 was an 3.5 Liter 5valve [!] head engine, as far as i can recognize. So this gives an overview why those problems may be there... .

And i also think it was the time as the F1 shifting was introduced. Most owners bought them with this optional, and therefore it is hard to find an cheaper standard one (with the manual shifter)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Yep... it was a 5 valve... 355 stands for 3.5 litre 5 valve/cylinder.... which was a bit of a switch from the previous v8 nomenclature -- 308 was 3.0 litre v8, 328 -- 3.2 litre v8 etc... Which was another change from the v12's... which was named for the number of cubic centimetres per cylinder.... anyhow, history lesson aside.. the 355 was the first production 5 valve to the best of my recollection and that's why it suffered some issues with the cams and the valves.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I would be looking for a just serviced Testarossa That car is really cheap now v12 engine and design that will go high so as an investment I wouldn

For my two-pen'eth - I love cars full stop - especially exotics. I love my Lotus - I would have another Esprit (Sport350!) and hope that one day if the opportunity arises (financially!) I want a Fezza then a Lambo...........

I wouldn't knock anyone because of the car they have - its personal taste meets what economically viable at any time.

I actually really like the 348 - I know the early ones had dodgy handling but I like the looks - think they still look pretty 'current' even now and at the end of the day - Its a Ferrari for goodness sake! I have seen snobbery by the Ferrari OC at events but you choose who you mix with (hence why I'm a member here!) and I'm sure theres plenty of Fezza owners who have bought them as enthusiasts running on a budget rather than to flaunt their cash......

Edited by nello